Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2023, 02:06 PM   #1

Front jacks lowering during transit

We are currently traveling down South for the winter. We noticed that are feint jacks slowly lowered when we were in transit. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
We have a 2021 Redwood 4001lk.
Purplepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 03:11 PM   #2

I’ve had this happen more than once and not just on the front jacks, sometimes the rear. What I’ve noticed is this can happen after the jacks have been in a bind. Perhaps trying to level on a very unlevel site and putting side stress on the jacks. Try operating the jacks fully. Full in and full out and try not to put a side load on them if possible. I’ve also noticed that wiping some transmission oil on the jack shafts helps too. I’m guessing the seal can get slightly displaced or maybe even get some dirt in between the seal and shaft which can cause a slow leak.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:03 PM   #3

Thank you for the quick response. We will try what you suggested. It is pretty scary to have the jacks lower when in transit.
Purplepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote