Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 AM   #1

Fresh Water Tank filling on it's own

Has anyone had this happen. My fresh water hose was connected to the inlet in the wet bay. When I was checking the level of the gray and black tanks I touched the button for the Fresh water tank and all the LEDs lit. Meaning the tank was full. Is there a valve somewhere behind the wall that maybe allowing water to fill this tank. For when I open the drain valve it took 40 minutes to empty. So it was full. Any suggestions??????
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:20 AM   #2

This happened to me one time. there is a check valve to prevent this. Turn off the water and run the pump some. There might be a piece of debris in the valve.

Mark
Old 08-22-2016, 04:42 AM   #3

Depending on the age of your coach, the check valve may be contained within the pump body itself. This happened to us last winter in AZ, and to get around the problem, I turned the inlet valve off to prevent this from happening. I'm led to believe the only way to fix this is replace the original pump with another.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:22 AM   #4

thanks guys
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Mine did the same when I first got the trailer. I ran the water pump and the check valve started working. On the way to the rally I ran with 1/3 fresh water.I had not used the pump for about a year. We were at the rally and noticed water coming out the overflow for the tank. This time running the pump did not stop the flow. The Redwood techs replaced it there with a new one