Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2022, 07:32 PM   #1

Flex Armor roof

I replaced my roof on a 2016 36 RL about 2 years ago. Had a tear in the roof membrane. Had a leak the other night and went back up to inspect. It was leaking in through the TV antenna. Looks like they didn’t caulk it correctly. Then I noticed another small tear in the membrane!! Can this be patched? I am done with these cheap roofs. If I have to replace, I plan on doing Flex Armor. My question is: The coating is white, what is that going to look like with the full body paint? Color scheme is beige, black, and red. Current roof is beige.
dave737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737 View Post
I replaced my roof on a 2016 36 RL about 2 years ago. Had a tear in the roof membrane. Had a leak the other night and went back up to inspect. It was leaking in through the TV antenna. Looks like they didn’t caulk it correctly. Then I noticed another small tear in the membrane!! Can this be patched? I am done with these cheap roofs. If I have to replace, I plan on doing Flex Armor. My question is: The coating is white, what is that going to look like with the full body paint? Color scheme is beige, black, and red. Current roof is beige.
The shop that did mine colored the side black since my colors are black and beige. I used the shop in Bertram Texas. It turned out great and I don’t even notice it.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:13 PM   #3

Eternabond tape will fix and seal almost any issues on the roof and last longer than the roof. I caught a low hanging branch on the edge of our roof for about a 10' section. Covered with eternabond and it's never leaked.
Typically any issue with the TV Antenna is a poor seal around the coax boot.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 09:27 PM   #4

Small holes just put sikaflex715 self leveling on it or tape.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #5

I will try that. Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #6

Dave
I had mine done about 4 years ago at Bertram as well. Just got it done in the white. Don’t really notice it really. Not like your walking around looking at the roof. It’s just a few inches. Took care of the roof problems and it’s a life time warranty.
3D Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 03:09 AM   #7

Thanks for the information. I will definitely do the flex armor the next roof replacement. Going to try the tape for now. It’s amazing how many low hanging branches there are in the campgrounds, and along roadways. I am nervous every time I see one. The big advantage of flex armor is that they can repair a damaged section. The RV repair shops I have dealt with , always want to repair the whole roof even with one tear. I guess they like to make money!!!
I really appreciate everyone on this forum for all the help in this journey.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:24 PM   #8

Flex Armor roof

Hey Dave, sorry I'm a little late to the party here, but we had our roof done by the Flex Armor guys here in Arizona (Prescott). And we couldn't be happier. Our membrane was destroyed while on a trip in Oregon last summer. We had them put a beige color in the sprayed on product because I wasn't real keen on having a white roof with my black/maroon paint job on ours either. Anyway, the beige definitely looks better IMO. Jon Fisher was great to deal with there, and kept us informed of the progress with pics and info. I think you'll be very happy if you go that route also. It was pricey for sure, but not much more than having the membrane replaced from the quotes I got around the Phoenix area. We're very happy with ours. Good luck!

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:51 AM   #9

That was precisely the information I was looking for.
Thank you!!!
Old 10-07-2022, 03:28 PM   #10

What is the price per foot?
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
What is the price per foot?
I paid 185.00/ft. It’s per foot of roof, not rv length also.That was last year though. You are better off getting a quote through their website.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote