Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
Senior Member
jhardin's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 156
50 Amp hookups

We are running elec to our camper from a panel and using #6 to feed the 50 amps. If we wanted to have another camper come and visit what can we do to feed both campers? Can we pull heavier wire and have two 50 amp recepticals?
jhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #2
Site Team
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,407
you'd have to have a 100 amp circuit breaker and depending on the length run heavier wire.
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
Senior Member
atom ant's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
If you wanted to get a little sexy, you could split the 50A 220VAC to two 50A 110VAC and give each unit a 50A service, but I wouldn't want to be the one to advise it. You would have to feed them through a 30a adapter so you could actually feed both sides of the camper 50A receptacle.

......or not
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.