Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #1

4001 LK Water Leak

Anyone with a 4001 LK having issues with an apparent water leak in the front pass thru storage. Have water pooling ( not a lot, but enough to be annoying and cause concern for storing things and future damage)in the center of the floor, looks to be coming from the front wall area. Checked all water lines and the two drains from the shower and master toilet( inside the generator bay) and nothing is wet. Pulled the access panels on the shower and shower faucet and all are dry.
Assuming the water lines are solid so do not think it is a leaking connection in the run, course with Keystone that is probably a bad assumption.

All connections behind the nautilus are tight and dry, as are the connections on the water manifold, and again the water trail is coming from the front wall that separates the generator bay and the pass thru.

Thought I would see if anyone else has experienced that.?
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #2

I don't have a 4001 LK but I get water in my pass thru when I fill my fresh water tank to the top and forget to put the little plug thing back on the fill port. When traveling the water sloshes out of the fill port and makes it to the pass thru. Even with the cover on the port I get some water sloshing out but not enough to get to the pass thru
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #3

Thanks, should have added more details, sorry about that. We have been parked for 10 days at a campground. Fresh water tank is about 1/4 full so don't think that is the issue. I am thinking it is the shower but can't find a leak....

Appreciate the feedback!
Old 11-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #4

I have experienced the same issue on several occassions and have been unable to track down the source of the leak. Like you said it's not much water but enough that it pools in the center of the storage area. I thought at first maybe condensation since we were in GA and SC in the 80s when our AC was set on 65 degrees. So far no luck. My next step is to try the shower with the cover off.
Wolfman1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #5

Yep, really weird. Like I said, in the generator bay I can reach up to the shower drain and the toilet drain, dry as a bone. All the connections in the nautilus and the manifold are tight and dry. I even put a silicone bead around the Nautilus bay thinking maybe water was leaking from the hose connection and going underneath the divider wall.
Will keep "testing" things and hopefully find something. What cover are you keeping off when testing the shower? The access panel in the closet? Also, we have a washer dryer unit, checked that completely also and no leaking. The W/D is actually installed in a shower pan and I uninstalled it and checked underneath, no water anywhere...
Old 11-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #6

We had water in our front closet and pass through on our 2020 4001LK when we used our black tank flush. The flush had a vent in the hose up behind the shower that we could not reach. I cut the plex where it went up and again where it goes down and bypassed the vent area. Flush works and no more leaks.
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #7

Did you only have it when using the tank flush? We have it about 4 out of 6 days. Nothing yesterday, but water today. Have not used the tank flush but may e it is left over water draining back out of the flush lines? good news is it is clear with no smell, so fairly confident it is fresh water, not a leaking tank.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:43 PM   #8

It is not actually a vent. But an atmospheric vacuum breaker

An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system.

If it is stuck and sprays either replace it with similar.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:25 PM   #9

Angry

I would have replaced it but no way to get to it with out taking out the closet interior panels.
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #10

I think I have the same issue, wouldn't service be able to fix it under warranty?
mkal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #11

Flush lines

We had this happen in the beginning however to was a lot of water. It was from a nail in our black tank flush lines. Perhaps you could have a smaller hole and why you could not find it from a water line. The flush lines are white.
ahsabellico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:32 PM   #12

Thanks, will check but would think if it is a flush line I would have to be flushing the tanks..this has happened when parked for up to a week with no rain. Working with the Keystone service team, they are thinking it might be a small crack in the shower pan that only leaks when I take a shower( my weight versus my wife ) Looking to test that theory or idea from them in the week ahead.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #13
Bob

I have a 2021 4001Lk, same problem, All day is fine,but when you take a shower, the hot water expands the connection & the water starts to leak.Found that today after the DW took a shower. Had the panel opened,reached around & found the leak. fitting was loose.
Hope I got it?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #14

Bob,
Thanks, something for me to look at since I am stymied now and very frustrated. We are full timers and putting it in the dealership is not really feasible. Am I correct in thinking it is the shower panel and the connection is the hot water connection to the shower faucet?
Old 11-25-2020, 08:55 AM   #15

Our shower doors bottom sliding track rail was attached with screws that completely penetrated the shower base and were not caulked. We were getting leaks to the floor under the shower that found their way out the shower drain hole through the floor and into the basement. This was on a 3401 so not sure if this leak path is possible on yours.
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #16

Thanks, I did silicone the screws and the track, but will double check that to be sure I plugged the holes. We had a Grand Design with the same issue so I did it as soon as we picked this one up before knowing it had a leak...Appreciate the suggestion!
Have a Great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2020, 02:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I have a 2021 4001Lk, same problem, All day is fine,but when you take a shower, the hot water expands the connection & the water starts to leak.Found that today after the DW took a shower. Had the panel opened,reached around & found the leak. fitting was loose.
Hope I got it?
Same problem on my 2020 391RD..what a bugger to find and fix... easy fix once I found the darn issue
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:58 PM   #18

Fixed Our Leak

Hi ya,ll, I just signed up.
I had the same problem and tried a lot of things. So with the curved panel in the basement off behind the water connections. I finally saw a dripping water and it was not from a loose connection. On the water panel there are 4 valves : green, red, blue, white and mine was the red valve that was leaking. There are 3 90 degree fittings with hoses going to this valve but they were ok. It was a rubber grommet in there that was bad and it would only drip sometimes, probably on higher surging pressure. So I replaced the valve and all is dry now.
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:43 AM   #19

4001lk leak party

Hi All. Just signed up. 2021 4001lk. (First timer/complete rv noob/marginally handy/ok maybe a bit less than marginally��/ok total corporate finance softie/brothers a diesel mechanic/mom must have dropped me on my head or something/but I own the general tools and ain’t afraid to use them ). Same issue as Wolfyukon. Camped 4 days last week. Maiden voyage. Water in pass through after third night when just on city water. Water coming from under curved nautilus bay panel and/or main water manifold back panel (not the forward panel behind the generator/battery bay). Not terrible but not ideal obviously. Cleaned up water. Emptied tanks. Rinsed blacks for a few minutes with black valves open. Once done there was noticeable (clear) water in the storage bay seeping from under both of the aforementioned panels. 45 lbs pressure on the regulator. No obvious leaks at either hose inlet. Received the unrelated recall for mis-torqued spring bolts. Figured I could do that myself but now just going to take it in and have dealer inspect water leak(s) while there. Will follow up with results if they are of any help. Any advice dealing with the warranty part would be appreciated!
DoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:15 AM   #20

Have you already removed the curved panel? When we went through these problems, I removed the curved panel and put bowls, towels, even paper in various areas to help determine where the drips were coming from as it was never leaking when I was looking. Then one day I saw it dripping from the red valve like I mentioned in the other post. I found 1 on ebay which was not cheap either, I think it was about $70 for 1.
Anyway, good luck because it is frustrating trying to troubleshoot an intermittent problem.
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote