Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #21

All our paperwork (certificate of origin etc) says Crossroads as the manufacturer and Redwood as the model.

I don't much care - I love our 5th wheel, whatever its called!!

Jj
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
Lloyd:

That's an "interesting" posting. We don't get many rude personalized comments on this forum.
Rude---no. Honest--yes. Personalized--no. I didn't name "anyone" specifically. The old saying is, if the shoe fits, wear it, if it doesn't, kick it away. I would just like to encourage everyone of you that posted to just go back and read what you wrote with an open mind to see what myself and others see. Some of the comments that we thought were uncalled for and triggered my post -- hoping there wasn't any affiliation with CR -- kind of like Ford being tied into the Pinto. Everybody can say -- of no, we will hook onto anything. I'm sure you would but that isn't what the previous posts were leaning to.

I like the post by Kev n jj

All our paperwork (certificate of origin etc) says Crossroads as the manufacturer and Redwood as the model.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #23

I'm the Pinto Guy... No direct sl*g intended towards CR products intended... I see many manufacturers build really good products and then slip up big time... the Pinto was one... 2 generations ago VW produced a very bad Jetta... I had previously owned 3 with no complaints.

We need to watch that the Redwood name is not associated with a product made by the same parent company that does not have the same fit, finish, or warranty... all things that attracted me to our 38BR... not the name.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #24

My opinion is I would be less worried about rather youown a Redwood or a Crossroads unit because like it or not they are associated with each other and more worried about the fifth sentence down in user "Dave" first post on this thread.

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
While speaking to the Redwood service tech this morning about an electrical issue I asked the question. His reply was that Redwood is another product line in the Cross Roads family of RVs (just like Cruiser, Zinger, etc.) although it is made in a separate factory dedicated to Redwood production. They are owned by Thor which he claims also owns Winnebago, Airstream, Keystone and many other brands.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #26
Dan

When I purchased my Redwood there was nodocumentationother than Redwood. I was told because Redwood was just starting up they used the Crossroadswarrantyadministration department to handle the Redwoodwarranty and administration(paperwork) and they weredefinitelya sperate company. I am glad if I have problem while out on the road I can go to a Crossroads dealer and they SHOULD provide the service I require.

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #27

I don't know about the name difference but we have a 2013 36RL Redwood. We it FOR SALE. It has the Black/Maroon paint on the outside, generator, dishwasher, king bed, upgraded tires, microwave/convection oven, without a gas oven. If you are interested in a used unit please let us know and we can sent more options out unit has.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Snowbirds
While speaking to the Redwood service tech this morning about an electrical issue I asked the question. His reply was that Redwood is another product line in the Cross Roads family of RVs (just like Cruiser, Zinger, etc.) although it is made in a separate factory dedicated to Redwood production. They are owned by Thor which he claims also owns Winnebago, Airstream, Keystone and many other brands.
I haven't heard about Thor owning Winnebago. I wonder about that.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #29

I go through Crossroads for all service work now and they sent me to a Crossroads Service Center for Warranty work and Maintenance. The Crossroads Redwood dealer I bought it from was too far away. Camping world is also a service center in my area. Crossroads has treated me well.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev n JJ

Jj
I don't care who is on the side of me camping or what kind of rig, we have one thing in common, CAMPING.