Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #1

I have been looking to buy a new fifth wheel and the Redwood
has got my attention big time, how ever, some sites list them as a Crossroad
Redwood and some just a Redwood. Is there a difference, the pictures look the
same?????????

<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

grayold mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

Crossroads and Redwood are both brands owned by Thor Industies. Theyeach have links on their websites to the other brand, but Redwood is a separate brand not one of the Crossroads models.
Due to RW production expansion, production of toy haulers and impendingintroduction of a new Carriage the factory has moved their service to a Crossroads facility.
We can also go to a RW or Crossroads dealer for warranty work.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #3

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!-->

Thanks for clearing that up, some of the dealers are listing
the same rig by both names Crossroads Redwood or just Redwood. Makes it a
little confusing at times, thanks for helping me out, I thought a dealer was
doing a bate and switch on me. When I first started checking them out I only found
them as a “Redwood”. Now I am finding the same pictures listed as a Crossroad
Redwood.

Thanks again.

<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

grayold mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #4

Crossroads now owns Redwood. Our 2014 came from the Crossroads Factory with Crossroads on the application for title that went to the DRV.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #5

Grayold Mare,<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

You've just opened up a debated can o' worms. There are other Posts on this forum.

There are people on this forum that don't have a problem with being connected to "Crossroads" and others are trying to distance their Redwoods from the Crossroads name.

Crossroads is the money for the creation of Redwood &amp; Blackwood. Thus, ownership of.

Within the past several years, due to tremendous sales, Redwood has purchased the bankrupt "Carriage". To my knowledge Redwood purchased them. Not Crossroads.

CEO of Redwood, Tom montague is the past CEO of the bankrupt Carriage. Obviously, he was instrumental in the purchase of Carriage. Kinda inside information, don't ya think.

Thor was two RV companies that got together in 1988 and put their names together to create the name "Thor". Thor company has been purchasing RV manufacturers over the past years. They own, not operate, many different RV companies. They are not on the ground floor working each company. Having said that, Thor wants to see their' companies show profits. You can see a list of all the companies that Thor owns on Thorforum.com .

Dave from Maine

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #6

Someone should research the relationship between the three. Just because Thor owns Crossroads and Thor owns Redwood doesn't necessarily follow that Crossroads owns Redwood. Most of the confusion comes from the fact that Tom was given additional responsibilities for Crossroads after he became President of Redwood and they share additional resources seemingly as required. Certainly, dealers lack of consensus whether to advertise the units as "Redwood" or "Crossroads Redwood" has not helped the brand identity.

If the 2014 units are being invoiced as Crossroads, that's troubling. To me, i don't find any of the Crossroads line attractive and certainly not worthy of "owning" Redwood. Profit maximizing as it goes, you can expect the Redwoods to become more Crossroads-like over time and not the other way around.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #7

X2
Old 05-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #8

Good thing we got in on the "ground floor" then. Kinda like the Ford name being associated with the Pinto!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #9

The great debate of Redwood being a Crossroads product....yup, it is. The MSO shows it is manufactured by Crossroads. I also just received a replacement part and the invoice and box it arrived in has Crossroads written all over it.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #10

I wonder if this means Crossroads dealers will be selling Redwoods.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdoc4

I wonder if this means Crossroads dealers will be selling Redwoods.
<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

Not necessarily, Crossroad dealers may not carry a complete line of all the Crossroad models that they could. Most likely, a Crossroads dealer has the ability to decide whether they want to carry the Redwood line or not.

I hope that people don't think that Redwood is made or created from a Crossroads unit. Redwood was developed on its own. At the time Redwood didn't have the cash on hand to build anything. How do you build something with no cash and no credit? You find a company who does.........Crossroads!

Dave from Maine
Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #12

I don't care if it sold by a crossroad dealer, Redwood dealer, or some other dealer. I bought it for the unit it was. That's just like if a Ford dealer can sell me a Chevy and fulfill all my requirements I will buy it from him.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #13

Thor has the cash. Crossroads is just a brand. I doubt if Redwood "sold" themselves to Crossroads because they needed capital. Also, Redwood was not started by Crossroads, it was started by Thor. If the two units were combined, it was directed by Thor. Just like Carraige will not be a subsidiary of Redwood.

Thor is the parent company and dictates how their brands are organized. Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #14

<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display:block;">

<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

Old 05-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #15

5th-time,<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">

<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

Ya...................I guess I just made it all up.

NOT! I've been keeping up with Redwood's moves since Carriage went belly up. I was looking at ordering a painted carriage before they folded.

You need to dig into the press releases (all public knowledge).

Nuff said!

Dave from Maine

Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #16

This is probably not a good way for a new member to make friends and influence people, but here goes.
After reading this thread I could not believe the arrogance exhibited here. Do you guys actually believe you are any better then CR owners or the owners of any other RV for that matter?
I suggest some of you go back and reread some of the crap that you posted here. It's enough to make a person sick!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
This is probably not a good way for a new member to make friends and influence people, but here goes.
After reading this thread I could not believe the arrogance exhibited here. Do you guys actually believe you are any better then CR owners or the owners of any other RV for that matter?
I suggest some of you go back and reread some of the crap that you posted here. It's enough to make a person sick! * *
Maybe you should walk in some of our shoes, before you judge.

Lillyputz
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #18

Lloyd:

That's an "interesting" posting. We don't get many rude personalized comments on this forum.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
I suggest some of you go back and reread some of the crap that you posted here. It's enough to make a person sick! * *
Arrogant? I've pulled Thor/Keystone, Fleetwood, Holiday Rambler, StarCraft...clearly not too particular about what I hook on my Ford Why Redwood? Wife liked the dishwasher and didn't really care who made it
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #20

Ditto, we were looking at Montana's until the dealer showed us a Redwood they had just received. At that time we had never heard of them. We liked the fwd living room, D/W and overall quality, and on researching the brand - their reputation.

We couldn't care what name is on the coach or the documentation.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote