Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt
I have been moderating the forum the past few months and apparently not do doinga great job. Have been throwing spammers off the forum but have been hesitant to control directions that threads are going.

I agree-a better effort needs to be made to stop the bashing but still allow constructive criticism. I will work at improving the forum by trying to keep threads more on track and discourging bashing. I am open to suggestions-please send me private messages thru the message option.
Bruce,

you came into this after the damage had already been done. Since this forum had been so mismanaged for so long, it would be a full time job and then some, to get it straightened out. Sort of like trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun. You have done a great job dealing with the spam.

As for the posts, there's a lot of folks on here with a lot of different opinions. There's bound to be a few clashes every now and then.

X2!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #62
Dan

Bruce,

I don't think there has been any REAL damage here, we all know who has had problems withtheirunit and those who have what theyconsidermore than normal problems. We as forum members understand there is a very few members with this problem. "I" consider this situation not as bashing but maybe as a way for them to vent about their situation if it is truly a situation and we all know who they are. "I"truly believe that this thread started out to find out what problems, upondelivery, that members/owners have had with their units. If there is atrendhere, than there may very well be aspecificqualityissuethat could be corrected by Redwood. As themoderatorof this forum is it posable toforward these few peoples "concerns" up the chain and if these are not legitimiteconcernsthen please state that and why. "I" dobelievethis "lay it out on the table" would be the bestapproach to this "bashing?" situation.

Thanks and keep up the good work getting them dam $%#&'ing spammers off this forum!!

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #63

Dan, you said that great!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #64

Thank you Redwood for building my coach with such care and pride in the product. I have full timed in my 36RL for the past 10 months, including all winter in temps reaching -22 degrees, and to date have only had a few issues - err make that more like adjustments - that needed to be made. I just left my purchasing dealership yesterday for the annual inspection and having them adjust the few items that needed to be corrected. All in all, I am very happy with my coach. In fact, I am so happy with it that I am already talking with the dealer about trading my '13 36RL in for a '14 40KB. I am sure a lucky fella - to have started full timing at 33 years of age, to have owned 3 previous Montana products that treated me well, and now to be living a lifestyle that I truly enjoy in a Redwood that I love as well. Life is sure good! Thanks Redwood for being a part of my journey!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMac
RifRaff....It's not a lemon..its typical of a Redwood product. Add to yours. Second AC not wired correctly,big air leaks around front door,big air leak under dinner table slide 2" gap when closed,all ceiling joint cover straps have fallen down,air leaks on all slides,washer hose came off and flooded RV,lots of inside heat on stove side of refrig due to lack of insulation,three leaking jacks replaced,bedroom heater duct fell off connection,leaking water lines,excess heat in bedroom closet due to lack of insulation,dvd player replaced three times, paneling over dining table fell down and had to be reglued,paneling under back window were joined came unglued like it did over the table,jacks popping at temp change. There have been more things repaired on this rig that my last rig (Everest) that I had for 9years. I am a full timer and have been for years. I feel no confidence having this Redwood. Everyone is very happy that redwood will repair stuff but do not seem to think it should be built right in the first place. If one is a full timer one does not want to spend time in a repair shop waiting for the OK from redwood for a repair. Some think it is just the way all RV's are built. Then there are those that get their jollies from taking ther rig in for repair. I cannot give a thumbs up to anyone who asks about my redwood. Sure it's pretty,but functional ? So far I have not had to get people to help me push in my slide that won't work properly but I am waiting. I am actually supprised at the people that have had so many issues with their rigs that just seem to shout redwood from the top of a mountain. I guess we Americans have become quite use to badly made products. Thats not a political statement is it?s
Don, your representation of my slide motor going bad doesn't make since. Redwood didn't make that slide motor and in fact the company that did probably made products for your beloved Everest. Unfortunately until another manufacture starts building the components for the RV manufactures, we are stuck with faulty suppliers. EVERY rv (almost all) that use the Lipert leveling jacks are experiencing the same issues with the popping noises. The only solution for the jacks would be to go back to the hand crank jacks and people bitched about them too. So saying that Redwood is the party at fault is simply WRONG. On the other hand since Redwood wanted to fix my problem in a fast fashion...THEY ARE GREAT!

As for the QC...you're right Redwood needs to do a better job and I believe the effort has been increased in this area. Mine has been in the shop a few times for problems that should have been found before shipping. I knew however that I was buying a trailer that hadn't been proven or completely "Vetted" yet and therefore I feel I got a good deal on it. I told my wife when I bought it that I was prepared to work through some problems because of the deal I got on the unit that had been in production for only a short time.

My last trailer was made by ForrestRiver. I couldn't get any cooperation from them at all, so yes I'm THRILLED when I call Redwood and hear "I'm sorry your having problems" on the other end of the phone. Maybe I'm old fashion but service goes a long way with me and Redwood has always stood by their product with great service.

I sometime think Redwoods biggest problem is who they market their trailers to. They're selling these to old grumpy people that don't have anything better to do but complain. Unfortunately I tend to fall into this category too as my wife reminds of every now and then. Something I don't do though is hide behind a keyboard and take cheep shots at those trying to help others. You made 2 references to posts I had posted that somehow you're more offended by than I was. Yet they were my problems not yours. Stick with you own problems and blow them up as big as you want because I can handle mine just fine.

As to your statement of what American's have become.....unfortunately we've become the land of people that demand more, want to pay less and then complain about the service that we don't want to pay for. We brag about the great deals we get but cry loudly when someone makes a dollar on us. Thankfully we live in a GREAT country that affords us the freedom to speak our thankless minds.

Don, truthfully I'm sorry to hear that you along with a few others have had some issues with your trailers. I look forward to meeting you at the rally but until then....start looking for a house. An RV will never compare to a stick and brick home. Maybe this "roughing it" RV thing isn't right for you.

Happy trails
Agree 100% Dave
Edited by: TwoMuttsToo
TwoMuttsToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #66

Brotherly Love, got to love it, maybe we all have the wrong thing in common.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #67

2013 Redwood 31SL

1) Re-sealed front & rear cap. No charge

2) Replaced rear jack. No charge

3) Replaced living area valances. Shipped with in-correct ones. No charge

4) Replaced living area furniture. Shipped in-correct color. No charge.

5) Installed two rear MCDblinds. Shipped without them installed. No charge

6) Replaced RCA DVD player with LG. No charge

7) Fix bulge in belt line by entry door. No charge

8) Fixed ill fitting bath room cabinet. No charge

9) Replaced 8CF fridge with 12CF fridge. Shipped in-correct. Took 7 months to get approved. Mostly the dealers fault for not being proactive. No charge

10) Built support under furnace. Support that was factory installed did not touch the furnace. No charge

11) Ordered OEM Maxxair fan and remote for restroom. Ordered coach with the Maxxair for the restroom but was installed in the bedroom. I installed the fan and remote. The communication cable was already run to the fan area down the wall from the factory. Paid $340.00 for the fan and remote.

Items waiting for replacement.

Wheel fender cracking at screw hole.

Wood dinning table. Developing a crack.

Edited by: KenM
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #68

Well finally got it home to our driveway last night! We lost one roof vent cap (on a branch I'm sure), and that was it! 16 hr drive and 3 nights camping and not one thing broke or failed to operate.

Dealer repaired the following for us before we picked it up:

1) Carlisle Pump defective, replaced (possible Redwood had it wired wrong at the pin-box)
2) Broken latch on closet doors
3) Hot Water Tank high limit switch failed, wouldn't stay lit on LP
4) Floor popping by steps, tiles removed and floor re-secured, and re-tiled.

Nothing too unusual there, and I did see the list of things the dealer fixed before we got there and it really is too bad the dealer has to occupy their time fixing some of that stuff, but on the other hand we do appreciate the thoroughness of the Dealer.

Met Royce and Rachel, (Rollsroyce) at the campground and they are a super couple. Royce loaned me a cord extension when I backed in too far to reach the pedestal, and he was a great mentor helping me figure the gadgets out. Thanks Royce!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Well finally got it home to our driveway last night! We lost one roof vent cap (on a branch I'm sure), and that was it! 16 hr drive and 3 nights camping and not one thing broke or failed to operate.

Dealer repaired the following for us before we picked it up:

1) Carlisle Pump defective, replaced (possible Redwood had it wired wrong at the pin-box)
2) Broken latch on closet doors
3) Hot Water Tank high limit switch failed, wouldn't stay lit on LP
4) Floor popping by steps, tiles removed and floor re-secured, and re-tiled.

Nothing too unusual there, and I did see the list of things the dealer fixed before we got there and it really is too bad the dealer has to occupy their time fixing some of that stuff, but on the other hand we do appreciate the thoroughness of the Dealer.

Met Royce and Rachel, (Rollsroyce) at the campground and they are a super couple. Royce loaned me a cord extension when I backed in too far to reach the pedestal, and he was a great mentor helping me figure the gadgets out. Thanks Royce!
I'm happy it all worked out for you!

happy trails
Old 05-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #70

I'm glad to see this ending on a more positive note. I'm about to order 36RE but after starting to read this thread, I was wondering if this was a good idea. I know all new vehicles have some problems, but began to wonder if Redwood was still a good choice. I'm still planning to place the order.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #71

Excellent decision.
Yes, you will read of some issues, but what impresses meishow Redwood works tirelessly on customer service, in our experience.

We have experienced a few issues, all minor and RW have quickly approved the dealer to repair, and when parts are required they are shipped expeditiously. Questions to the website have received an almost immediate response or call back the next morning.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #72

Seems to be true, my question was meant to apply to each type of Redwood, ours is a 36FL. YOUR ISSUES might not be the same if YOU sat HAD A 36FB. So that is what I was asking about, but not worded correctly.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott
I'm glad to see this ending on a more positive note.Â* I'm about to order 36RE but after starting to read this thread, I was wondering if this was a good idea.Â* I know all new vehicles have some problems, but began to wonder if Redwood was still a good choice. I'm still planning to place the order.
Just this evening I finished loading ours, adding all my self installed options, gave it a wash, and it's (almost) ready to go. I am impressed at how it is put together. I had 1 drip in the sewer pipe under the bed I fixed, and that's it. All the fresh water is tight, wiring is tight, even all of my cables work for the satellite! The Dealer has been super, and the rep has been super. I had an issue with my spring, but it is on its way to my door for installation before Memorial Day. So far I can only say good things about it, and it is a gorgeous rig.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #74

And just for general info, RW is now building unit 35XX, which means that are approx 3000 units out there, so there are bound to be some issues.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #75
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

And just for general info, RW is now building unit 35XX, which means that are approx 3000 units out there, so there are bound to be some issues.

They always said you would get one lemon in a thousand so saying that there should be 3 out there by now

Dan

Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #76
Dan

This was our first outing this year and the only thing I found was a piece of trim came loose but I did notice a bulge in the fiberglass just under the window in the slide I will have to take a picture and send it to Ron and see what he says
Again I had aparadeof people walking by and asking questions, there was another guy with a high end motor home who said I had a way better unit then he did
Oh ya did I mention I love my RL

Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #77

We can relate. Shortly after arrival at every campground we have a steady procession of people looking for a tour. One chap last week couldn't believe how quick the set up was completed.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
This was our first outing this year and the only thing I found was a piece of trim came loose but I did notice a bulge in the fiberglass just under the window in the slide I will have to take a picture and send it to Ron and see what he says
Again I had aparadeof people walking by and asking questions, there was another guy with a high end motor home who said I had a way better unit then he did
Dan - did you head up Island or over to the Mainland?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #79
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Dan - did you head up Island or over to the Mainland?

There is a real nice camp ground not to far from here its called Pedder bay RV resort and Marina. You can rent boats, kayaks, bicyclesand there are lots ofhikingtrails. I also have some RC rockcrawlersand there are some good spots for that

Dan

Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #80

[QUOTE=Dan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

They always said you would get one lemon in a thousand so saying that there should be 3 out there by now

Dan

[/QUOTE

I have to disagree. I've had many many more than 3 contact me on this and other forums, about there redwood lemons.

Lillyputz