Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #1

Mine has FIXED:
Frig shutting down.
Stereo sound only 2 speakers, in their defense they broke it after install of 3rd A/C.
TV NOT PICKING UP
Siding seal broke between doors.
Not fixed yet ROOF HAS SEALER MISSING, SCREWS MISSING holding down aluminum( some one stepped on and pushed 1 side- by Ladder damaged pushing down the seal strip and damaging the sealer.
Ladder pulled loose from rear End cap after DEALER broke ladder while fixing TV issue.

WHAT problems has your dealer fixed on your Redwood?
Edited by: RifRaff
Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #2

Were did the 3rd A/C go, I was thinking about it for our stays in AZ during summers.

Thanks for the info
Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #3

Before we do the official PDI our dealer has identified and corrected the following
- One clearance light removed, dried out and resealed
- Kitchen slide damaged plumbing fixtures, plumbing repaired and slide aligned
- Convenience centre door replaced
- Both door handles replaced

In addition we have had them install the extra v/v to utilse both grey tanks and install a solar system.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Dan

I carried out thefollowing:
replacedthe Light switch it smoked
fixedwiring shorting(s)
fixed trim(s)
fixed rear window, big gap at theescapewindow
fixed the door lock
fixed a bad spot in the paint
numerousother minor things I can't recall off the top of my dull head

Redwood/supplier sent thefollowingparts:
New thermostate to fix the heat pump issue
New fire place it wasintermittent
New DVD player same as everyones kept hanging up
closet latch

Dealer fixed:
nothing he was to far away!

One of the main reasons I purchased a Redwood was the support provided by Brian and now he is gone, things are veryworrisome with the current situation

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
I carried out thefollowing:
replacedthe Light switch it smoked
fixedwiring shorting(s)
fixed trim(s)
fixed rear window, big gap at theescapewindow
fixed the door lock
fixed a bad spot in the paint
numerousother minor things I can't recall off the top of my dull head

Redwood/supplier sent thefollowingparts:
New thermostate to fix the heat pump issue
New fire place it wasintermittent
New DVD player same as everyones kept hanging up
closet latch

Dealer fixed:
nothing he was to far away!

One of the main reasons I purchased a Redwood was the support provided by Brian and now he is gone, things are veryworrisome with the current situation

Dan
I just had to call the factory last week and this was the first time
since Brian's departure. Ron took my call and took care of my concerns
as well as sent me what I needed. It's certainly understandable to be
concerns about Brian being gone since he took care of many of us but Ron
was the guy that actually did work on my rig in the past. He reassured
me that everything would continue as they had been in the past. He's a
stand up kind of guy.
Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
Dan

Dave

Maybe it was just thetransitionfrom Brian but I calledseveral times and left several messages over what seemed like several weeks until I gave up and fixed the problem myself. Again what I was/am looking for is the ability to call from any camp site, truck stop or what ever place you find yourself stuck in and getimmediate/prompt reply to help get me back on the road. Hopefully like you say Ron will be provide this service and this situationI had</span></span>hopefully will not happen again. I still have faith all though a little diluted</span>

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #7

Main doors,? you have a 36 FL?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
Main doors,? you have a 36 FL?

Affirmative, we have the 36FL and they replaced the door handles on each door.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #9

Shower door was leaking, Electric part of water heater not working, Steps needed lube, recliner window leaking, Antena went up but wouldn't rotate and slide needed adjustment. Primeaux took care of all except they had a hard time getting the new window from Redwood. It stayed in a covered slip for a month waiting on Redwood to decide to take a window off production. Happy with dealer, not so happy with Redwood. I had only had it two months when I had to give it up for a month. Without service after the sale Redwood or any company will not make it.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #10

AGREE! Climbed up on roof to inspect before RV YEARLY, AMAZED @ the number of seal issues, 8 that I with inexperienced eyes spotted, 3 screws missing on caps, 2 on rear and @ least 1 in the front, + sealer was never applied on front cap for about 2 inches,I GOT PHOTO's.
Now where was that LAWYER tn? ,that handles RV LEMONS?

Herb
Old 04-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #11

RifRaff....It's not a lemon..its typical of a Redwood product. Add to yours. Second AC not wired correctly,big air leaks around front door,big air leak under dinner table slide 2" gap when closed,all ceiling joint cover straps have fallen down,air leaks on all slides,washer hose came off and flooded RV,lots of inside heat on stove side of refrig due to lack of insulation,three leaking jacks replaced,bedroom heater duct fell off connection,leaking water lines,excess heat in bedroom closet due to lack of insulation,dvd player replaced three times, paneling over dining table fell down and had to be reglued,paneling under back window were joined came unglued like it did over the table,jacks popping at temp change. There have been more things repaired on this rig that my last rig (Everest) that I had for 9years. I am a full timer and have been for years. I feel no confidence having this Redwood. Everyone is very happy that redwood will repair stuff but do not seem to think it should be built right in the first place. If one is a full timer one does not want to spend time in a repair shop waiting for the OK from redwood for a repair. Some think it is just the way all RV's are built. Then there are those that get their jollies from taking ther rig in for repair. I cannot give a thumbs up to anyone who asks about my redwood. Sure it's pretty,but functional ? So far I have not had to get people to help me push in my slide that won't work properly but I am waiting. I am actually supprised at the people that have had so many issues with their rigs that just seem to shout redwood from the top of a mountain. I guess we Americans have become quite use to badly made products. Thats not a political statement is it?s
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMac

RifRaff....It's not a lemon..its typical of a Redwood product. Add to yours. Second AC not wired correctly,big air leaks around front door,big air leak under dinner table slide 2" gap when closed,all ceiling joint cover straps have fallen down,air leaks on all slides,washer hose came off and flooded RV,lots of inside heat on stove side of refrig due to lack of insulation,three leaking jacks replaced,bedroom heater duct fell off connection,leaking water lines,excess heat in bedroom closet due to lack of insulation,dvd player replaced three times, paneling over dining table fell down and had to be reglued,paneling under back window were joined came unglued like it did over the table,jacks popping at temp change. There have been more things repaired on this rig that my last rig (Everest) that I had for 9years. I am a full timer and have been for years. I feel no confidence having this Redwood. Everyone is very happy that redwood will repair stuff but do not seem to think it should be built right in the first place. If one is a full timer one does not want to spend time in a repair shop waiting for the OK from redwood for a repair. Some think it is just the way all RV's are built. Then there are those that get their jollies from taking ther rig in for repair. I cannot give a thumbs up to anyone who asks about my redwood. Sure it's pretty,Â*but functional ? So far I have not had to get people to help me push in my slide that won't work properly but I am waiting. I am actually supprised at the people that have had so many issues with their rigs that just seem to shout redwood from the top of a mountain. I guess we Americans have become quite use to badly made products. Thats not a political statement is it?s
Wow, I've read similar disgruntled statements on the Everest forum! You don't have a "typical" anything until you see your Montana (Everest's sister) hauled away on a flatbed because the frame broke apart and it self destructed beyond road worthiness. I don't mind getting out a nail gun or some lap sealant if the walls will just stay connected to the floor. You should talk to a pretty motorhome owner sometime and ask how they like theirs! You'll probably get a similar story to yours.

The industry is what it is.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #13

If you don't do a real QC & Trust the (MONEY GR*BING) DEALER to do the inspection "RIGHT", then as I did, YOU WILL GET BURNED! REDWOOD and THE DEALER are in it for the money, if you "GET" what you thought you paid for, so much the better (for the dealer). I WAS a strong supporter of REDWOOD. AFTER FINDING OUT HOW much I need to pay for REDWOOD SHORT COMINGS.

PLEASE NOTE: DW & I like, lost our love of the unit.

Herb
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #14

The industry does not have to be what it is. Consumers like us must stand up for excellence. We do it with our cars, tools, appliances that all cost a fraction of what these rigs cost. LuckilyI have not had the problems you folks have, but we have had warranty issues, all fixed by Lazy Days in Tucson. I hope some day Thor will read these posts and install an ISO quality system in all their plants.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #15

So how do we take that first stand?

Not trying to belittle anybody's woes or issues, but I hear this over and over with every RV forum. My idea of taking stand is not taking it back to the Dealer for every loose screw, because that costs me more money than it does them.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
So how do we take that first stand?

Not trying to belittle anybody's woes or issues, but I hear this over and over with every RV forum. My idea of taking stand is not taking it back to the Dealer for every loose screw, because that costs me more money than it does them.
I took my stand and I've heard of others, doing the same as me.

LillyputzEdited by: lillyputz
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Quote:

RifRaff....It's not a lemon..its typical of a Redwood product. Add to yours. Second AC not wired correctly,big air leaks around front door,big air leak under dinner table slide 2" gap when closed,all ceiling joint cover straps have fallen down,air leaks on all slides,washer hose came off and flooded RV,lots of inside heat on stove side of refrig due to lack of insulation,three leaking jacks replaced,bedroom heater duct fell off connection,leaking water lines,excess heat in bedroom closet due to lack of insulation,dvd player replaced three times, paneling over dining table fell down and had to be reglued,paneling under back window were joined came unglued like it did over the table,jacks popping at temp change. There have been more things repaired on this rig that my last rig (Everest) that I had for 9years. I am a full timer and have been for years. I feel no confidence having this Redwood. Everyone is very happy that redwood will repair stuff but do not seem to think it should be built right in the first place. If one is a full timer one does not want to spend time in a repair shop waiting for the OK from redwood for a repair. Some think it is just the way all RV's are built. Then there are those that get their jollies from taking ther rig in for repair. I cannot give a thumbs up to anyone who asks about my redwood. Sure it's pretty,Â*but functional ? So far I have not had to get people to help me push in my slide that won't work properly but I am waiting. I am actually supprised at the people that have had so many issues with their rigs that just seem to shout redwood from the top of a mountain. I guess we Americans have become quite use to badly made products. Thats not a political statement is it?s
Wow, I've read similar disgruntled statements on the Everest forum! You don't have a "typical" anything until you see your Montana (Everest's sister) hauled away on a flatbed because the frame broke apart and it self destructed beyond road worthiness. I don't mind getting out a nail gun or some lap sealant if the walls will just stay connected to the floor. You should talk to a pretty motorhome owner sometime and ask how they like theirs! You'll probably get a similar story to yours.

The industry is what it is.
Why try to justify poor workmanship and quality control in a redwood, by basically saying it's an idustry standard. that BS.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #18

Look at RV Business, today. Winnebago is wanting to hire one hundred workers. That is great putting folks to work, but they will be on the production line,low paid labor with no expereince building RVs and we wounder why there is such a quailty workmanship problem. I sure hope there quality control is better than redwoods.

Lillyputz
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Look at RV Business, today. Winnebago is wanting to hire one hundred workers. That is great putting folks to work, but they will be on the production line,low paid labor with no expereince building RVs and we wounder why there is such a quailty workmanship problem. I sure hope there quality control is better than redwoods.

Lillyputz
It's not
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:

RifRaff....It's not a lemon..its typical of a Redwood product. Add to yours. Second AC not wired correctly,big air leaks around front door,big air leak under dinner table slide 2" gap when closed,all ceiling joint cover straps have fallen down,air leaks on all slides,washer hose came off and flooded RV,lots of inside heat on stove side of refrig due to lack of insulation,three leaking jacks replaced,bedroom heater duct fell off connection,leaking water lines,excess heat in bedroom closet due to lack of insulation,dvd player replaced three times, paneling over dining table fell down and had to be reglued,paneling under back window were joined came unglued like it did over the table,jacks popping at temp change. There have been more things repaired on this rig that my last rig (Everest) that I had for 9years. I am a full timer and have been for years. I feel no confidence having this Redwood. Everyone is very happy that redwood will repair stuff but do not seem to think it should be built right in the first place. If one is a full timer one does not want to spend time in a repair shop waiting for the OK from redwood for a repair. Some think it is just the way all RV's are built. Then there are those that get their jollies from taking ther rig in for repair. I cannot give a thumbs up to anyone who asks about my redwood. Sure it's pretty,but functional ? So far I have not had to get people to help me push in my slide that won't work properly but I am waiting. I am actually supprised at the people that have had so many issues with their rigs that just seem to shout redwood from the top of a mountain. I guess we Americans have become quite use to badly made products. Thats not a political statement is it?s
Don, your representation of my slide motor going bad doesn't make since. Redwood didn't make that slide motor and in fact the company that did probably made products for your beloved Everest. Unfortunately until another manufacture starts building the components for the RV manufactures, we are stuck with faulty suppliers. EVERY rv (almost all) that use the Lipert leveling jacks are experiencing the same issues with the popping noises. The only solution for the jacks would be to go back to the hand crank jacks and people bitched about them too. So saying that Redwood is the party at fault is simply WRONG. On the other hand since Redwood wanted to fix my problem in a fast fashion...THEY ARE GREAT!

As for the QC...you're right Redwood needs to do a better job and I believe the effort has been increased in this area. Mine has been in the shop a few times for problems that should have been found before shipping. I knew however that I was buying a trailer that hadn't been proven or completely "Vetted" yet and therefore I feel I got a good deal on it. I told my wife when I bought it that I was prepared to work through some problems because of the deal I got on the unit that had been in production for only a short time.

My last trailer was made by ForrestRiver. I couldn't get any cooperation from them at all, so yes I'm THRILLED when I call Redwood and hear "I'm sorry your having problems" on the other end of the phone. Maybe I'm old fashion but service goes a long way with me and Redwood has always stood by their product with great service.

I sometime think Redwoods biggest problem is who they market their trailers to. They're selling these to old grumpy people that don't have anything better to do but complain. Unfortunately I tend to fall into this category too as my wife reminds of every now and then. Something I don't do though is hide behind a keyboard and take cheep shots at those trying to help others. You made 2 references to posts I had posted that somehow you're more offended by than I was. Yet they were my problems not yours. Stick with you own problems and blow them up as big as you want because I can handle mine just fine.

As to your statement of what American's have become.....unfortunately we've become the land of people that demand more, want to pay less and then complain about the service that we don't want to pay for. We brag about the great deals we get but cry loudly when someone makes a dollar on us. Thankfully we live in a GREAT country that affords us the freedom to speak our thankless minds.

Don, truthfully I'm sorry to hear that you along with a few others have had some issues with your trailers. I look forward to meeting you at the rally but until then....start looking for a house. An RV will never compare to a stick and brick home. Maybe this "roughing it" RV thing isn't right for you.

Happy trails

Edited by: Dave&Ginny