Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #21

Since I was unable to figure out how to get pics on my post I posted an album in the photo section and labeled it "Not so good warranty work" It'll give you an idea of why I am trying to get the Redwood Service center to correct these issues. I'm not sure that the roof membrane for both slides will not have to be replacedsince there are bubbles throughout the entire length of each slide. Those bubbles were not present when I delivered the coach to the Crossroads dealer. And the caulking, we don't even want to go there!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #22

Rick and Mindy:

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommeneded. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

If I can be of any help send me a pm
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Rick and Mindy:

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommeneded. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

If I can be of any help send me a pm
Thanks!! Sounds simple enough, I will have to try that soon to see if I can do it.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I picked my coach up two weeks ago at a Crossroads approved dealer. Had to pay the entire bill myself as the Crossroads dealer did not want to deal with Redwoods warranty reimbursement. All of the bills were submitted by the dealer and I have a copy as well. This Friday I am supposed to find out how much of the $6,700 bill they are going to cover. I have never seen this type of customer service. I hope this works out come Friday. I'll advise either way.
THAT is wrong !

that tells me THAT dealer has not had good dealings with redwood
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #25

John, Actually the dealer only sells Crossroads products, not Redwood but the tech at Crossroads Customer service told me they had always had good workings with them and had never had any complaints that is why they were recommended to me for the warranty work. They are a very small Dealer and the tech is young. It really boils down to the fact that the dealers are not required to attend any type of training specific to their product. Could you imagine going to a car dealer for warranty repairs and getting it back looking like that? That dealership wouldn't be in business very long. I've called Redwood/Crossroads this morning to get status of my requested repairs. I am awaiting a return call. It's been almost 2 weeks since I started the process and still no commitment from Redwood that they will take it in at the service center to make things right again.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #26

I'm not clear on what happened on the roof from the pictures, but that lap sealant is just sad . Must have had the lot boy do it.

Fortunately it was just lap sealant, as that is real easy to get off and shouldn't hurt the paint, probably not even the seal. Who will do that is the question. The Dealer that made the mess should fix it, but what would be his incentive and where we he suddenly gain the knowledge.

Talk about rock and a hard place!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #27

Atom, The slide out roofs where they meet the eternabond tape are now bubbled and loose from the subsurface that they were originally glued to. I have a hunch the tech just muscled the eternabond off which pulled all that membrane loose. Then when he put the new eternabond tape down he never bothered to re-glue the membrane. I'm not convinced that the bubbles will not be a problem with leakage in the future. According to Eternabond, a heat gun should be used to remove their tape. I'm not sure that the entire roofing material on both slides will not have to be replace to insure the integrity of the roof. I do know that it did not look like this when I took it in for the warranty repairs.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #28

oh man....

Is the roof membrane salvageable?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
oh man....

Is the roof membrane salvageable?
I'm not sure. I'm not sure if it was stretched out in the process or not and I have chosen to not do anything with it until I get a favorable response from Redwood/Crossroads.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #30

I'm sorry Rick. The dealer should be embarassed. They probably aren't and that's what makes this even more serious. Best of luck.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #31

Just to give you an update. Called the tech yesterday morning and had to leave a message for him to call me back. He called me back and said he had some information on status. Apparently his supervisor Rick (Not sure who Rick is or what his title is) wanted the tech to contact the dealer that completed my warranty repairs and see if they would take the coach back. When he told me that I immediately stated "I don't want totake it back to that dealer"! He stated that he had talked to the owner of the dealership and the owner did not want the coach back. The tech said he then sent an e-mail to Rick concerning the conversation with the dealership and is currently waiting for a response from Rick, his supervisor. I followed all this up with a call this morning and once again I was given the tech's voicemail. I asked him to call me back but have not received a call back at this time. It has now been 3 weeks since I picked up my 31sl from the dealer and 2 weeks since I contacted Redwood/Crossroads Customer service for assistance in resolving the issues and still no resolve. I am somewhat appalled that Redwood would even suggest that I take it back to the dealer. They have invested very little funds compared to what I have invested in this coach. I've already seen the dealerships work, why would I want to take it back for possibly more damage?
Old 04-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #32

I know it is frustrating, but I would have expected that. Probably the easiest fix for everyone would have been for the Dealer to step up to the plate and fix his own mess using competent workers, but I certainly understand your hesitation and it sounds like you are off the hook with him.

The problem they have now, is someone is going to have to eat the cost for the correct repair, and I doubt Redwood will be able to recover funds from the last Dealer. I think that is what is slowing down the response.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I know it is frustrating, but I would have expected that. Probably the easiest fix for everyone would have been for the Dealer to step up to the plate and fix his own mess using competent workers, but I certainly understand your hesitation and it sounds like you are off the hook with him.

The problem they have now, is someone is going to have to eat the cost for the correct repair, and I doubt Redwood will be able to recover funds from the last Dealer. I think that is what is slowing down the response.
My major concern with the dealer correcting his mistakes is that they are a small dealer and only have 1 tech that did all the work. The person that would be there to correct everything would be the same person that did the work the first time. If he was not capable of doing the work correctly the first time, I couldn't expect him to do any better the second time. I feel the problem with Redwood recovering their cost is a Redwood problem. I'm looking at a very expensive coach with a Redwood warranty, a redwood recommended dealer that botched it. I should not have to suffer, I can't control the quality of workmanship their dealers provide, but they offer a warranty and it was their dealer, they need to make this right, and soon.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #34

I totally agree, I wouldn't take it back there, especially if you were going to get the same guy.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #35

This is amazing! Although I am far from resolve, I received a breath of fresh air today. After the second day of trying to reach Rick, the tech's supervisor by phone and leaving messages and e-mails, I decided to call Redwood and attempt to reach the Redwood General Manager. I dialed the number, asked for the General Manager and immediately was talking to him, wow! After briefly explaining my call he stated that Redwood will get this fixed. He told me if I did not hear from Rick or someone else by the end of the day to call him direct and then he gave me his direct number. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #36

Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #37

My wife always seems to be able to do that ! I beat my head against brick walls for weeks, then she takes over, picks up the phone and gets the President and all is taken care of.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #38

Ha Ha
sorta like opening that twist cap ----
you fight and fight loosening it ,
turn around to get a towel to get a better grip
and she picks it up and goes ZIP !
then takes FULL credit
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #39
Traveling

Brains beats muscle every time!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #40

Update! As of approx. 3:30pm CST Rick called me and said Redwood would like to pick up my coach and take it to the service center but he would like me to pick it up after service so I can see the repairs. He said he would want to pick it up soon and that he would get back with me on the date he could get it into service center, probably mid June. He asked me to e-mail him a list of all my concerns and they would be taken care of. Did not hear back today on date so hope I will have more tomorrow. I guess I finally reached the right person. I'm definitely feeling better about Redwood after 2 weeks of frustration.