Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
KingCasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 29
Neverfail suspension bushing

Does anyone have experience with the nylon suspension bushing Lippert makes call the "Neverfail Bushing".
__________________


Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RomanyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 505
GEE I wonder why they came up with THAT?! Haha... I will check what they sent to my service department to replace my shredded Lippert JUNK bushings... Probably those, which means they will probably FAIL.
__________________

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2014 RAM 3500 DRW: EGR delete, airbags and Ranchos.
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
GEE I wonder why they came up with THAT?! Haha... I will check what they sent to my service department to replace my shredded Lippert JUNK bushings... Probably those, which means they will probably FAIL.
Did you see the post the other day from Christian chatting about the Bushings ??
here , I got it for you !--



Here are our results:

1) We researched. We looked into all claims, both paid and denied, regarding bushings and found very few occurrences. Overall the NYLON bushings that we were using have performed well and to an acceptable level. However, we listened to our owners and decided to make some adjustments.

2) We have now changed to BRONZE bushings on all current production. If you have had no issues with your bushings we are happy to provide you the bronze bushings at a reduced rate through Lippert Components, the labor for this replacement will be the responsibility of the owner. If your bushings show undue wear and tear we will be happy to cover the replacement of the bushings with bronze bushings.

The on line store for Lippert is - Home page, however to receive the Redwood Special Pricing call (574) 312-6850, (have your VIN ready!!)
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
RomanyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 505
I did NOT see that! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been on the forum much lately because of an imminent wedding (my oldest daughter) which is this weekend, then life will settle down again a little. We have towed our trailer very little and the bushings are TOAST.
__________________

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2014 RAM 3500 DRW: EGR delete, airbags and Ranchos.
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I did NOT see that! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been on the forum much lately because of an imminent wedding (my oldest daughter) which is this weekend, then life will settle down again a little. We have towed our trailer very little and the bushings are TOAST.
Figured you missed it... I would call and get those bronze bushings.. NEVER trust NEVER FAIL anything . .
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:00 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
RomanyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 505
Good news, they sent the bronze bushings... they are waiting for us down at the service department to be installed.
__________________

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2014 RAM 3500 DRW: EGR delete, airbags and Ranchos.
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Did you see the post the other day from Christian chatting about the Bushings ??
here , I got it for you !--



Here are our results:

1) We researched. We looked into all claims, both paid and denied, regarding bushings and found very few occurrences. Overall the NYLON bushings that we were using have performed well and to an acceptable level. However, we listened to our owners and decided to make some adjustments.

2) We have now changed to BRONZE bushings on all current production. If you have had no issues with your bushings we are happy to provide you the bronze bushings at a reduced rate through Lippert Components, the labor for this replacement will be the responsibility of the owner. If your bushings show undue wear and tear we will be happy to cover the replacement of the bushings with bronze bushings.

The on line store for Lippert is - Home page, however to receive the Redwood Special Pricing call (574) 312-6850, (have your VIN ready!!)
Just called Lippert reference the bronze bushings & asked about "Redwoods Special Pricing" & they had no clue what the heck I was talking about. Anyone advise & how many bushings I'd need to order?
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,882
Help! !

Hey Christian , How about a little help above ! ! ! !
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Wouldn't it be a nice PR thing if Redwood had a "Recall" reference the plastic bushings similar to the auto industry? Obvious that mgt. realized that this plastic bushing situation needed to be addressed in light of them now producing the current production units with the BRONZE bushings. Oh well wishful thinking considering the fact that I've already made a warranty issue appointment (leaking bedroom slide) for Nov. 11th.
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 453
The only reason there haven't been more warranty claims, they last just that long. I replaced mine this summer at about 6k miles. The 4 outer, fixed hangers, the bushings were junk.

Mark
__________________
2013 36RE, 2008 GMC 3500CC DRW
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.