Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Site Team

I just picked my trailer up today at the factory after a few repairs. They went ahead and did other fixes I didn't know I needed like putting a cover over the awning switches in the basement, checked my LP lines, pressure tested my water lines, checked my roof, checked over the A/C, replaced some of the cabinets holds, checked over my electrical and a few other things. The staff at Redwood deserves a A +++ for their help and attitude.

I did take a few pictures of the front closet area with the insulation applied to help show where it is. I'll post those pictures later this weekend.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #2

Glad to hear of the " over the top" service. We will be on our way to visit Linda tomorrow, have a wednesday appointment. Can't stand the damage from the exploding tire and decided the weather is better now than it could be next march so off we go.Linda has everything lined up and ready to go.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Team

John, good luck on your trip! I know they'll do ya right and don't be suprised if they find more things to fix, that you didn't even know was wrong. They really are a great bunch of folks. Tinkerbell (Linda) wasn't there today so I didn't have a chance to see her, so tell her hi for me.

Again have a safe trip
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Site Team

Glad things went well at the factory. What are the awning switch covers for. I presume keeping something from falling on them when traveling.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #5

Will do, Dave and Thanks.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #6

in your basement you have a switch to operate the awning. Uncovered you can have your stuff rub against it and deploy the awning while you are traveling. A switch cover fixes that issue. I went to Home Depot an bought one for a couple of bucks, installed same and no issues. I did this because shortly after we bought our coach, I was following our coach (my wife drives the tow vehicle) to our storage site and our awning deployed because our stuff hit the switch in the basement.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Site Team

Thanks John. That's what I figured the cover was for. Think I'll put one in also.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Site Team

John, you're right. The new coaches have the switches up high so it's less likely to happen but mine has both switches (2 awnings) about 12 inches off the floor.

The great thing that Redwood is doing is that they've listened to all of the different concerns that owners have had and they're correcting them in real time rather than waiting for a new model year. Some of the things the factory rep asked me about I had already re-engineered myself. He said that Redwood is striving to make a perfect coach.

I believe he said that the new units will have their wall slides painted to match the exterior walls. This will really look nice. They also have a new color that I think looks great.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #9

Dave when we were at the factory we saw a Redwood with the slide walls painted and it looked great. Great new paint scheme as well.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Dave when we were at the factory we saw a Redwood with the slide walls painted and it looked great. Great new paint scheme as well.
That's the way it should be I'm going to see if my buddy with the paint shop in Eloy wants to help me do it and fix some of the runs in the paint I'm kind of anal about paint
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
Site Team

Yesterday, the guy that walked me through the factory said that he had been a service writer for several different RV manufactures over the years. He showed me the thickness of the fiberglass and the the backer that it's glued to. He said that it's because of that thickness that Redwood can have such dark colors without any problems. Some of the other manufactures have tried but they're having to go back to lighter colors because of problems.

As for the slide wall ends, only the upper end units usually paint those to match the walls. So I'm glad Redwood is doing it and I think it'll show well.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #12

Dave did you get pictures of the ends of the slides? Do you have a 36RL and what paint job
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Dave did you get pictures of the ends of the slides? Do you have a 36RL and what paint job
Yes I have the Red and Black RL (2012). No they didn't have one open for me to take a picture of. The new color scheme I like is just like mine but where the Black is it's a Tan/gold.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #14

I've got a 2013 it's Black red tan and Gold
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
Site Team

I showed the new pictures to my wife of the new color scheme and she said she wants to keep our same color when we order a new one. It matches my truck better anyway. I'll go along with the color she wants since she supports me so much on the things I want.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #16

I am glad to hear that Redwood is going to become one of the companies that stands behind their product - 100%. I have owned 3 Montana's prior to this and experienced the same level of service at their service center a few times --- hence the reason I owned 3 Montana's. I look forward to seeing what else Redwood is going to do in the future to increase the ownership experience!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #17

You have slide switches covers in basement?
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #18

I believe Redwood moved the switches higher and they have a fix for the old location. I bought a plastic sandwich box and cut out most of the back and mounted. It looks great, works and was cheap.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #19

I dont know where the old switches were, but they are low, 8 inches of the floor. Scares me that my toolbox or cabro might hit switch on while we are in motion, I was thinking of unpluging them all together. Thanks, and happy trails.
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #20

Now there 9 inches from the ceiling above outlet and antenna Edited by: Beechguyjim