Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #21

Hi all,

I am a Redwood "wannabe"... We have a TrailManor trailer and when we retire in a couple of years we want to travel in a FW, probably a Redwood. I've been reading several forums for years and if you don't mind I could suggest some topic categories.

Keith

Appliances
Electrical AC & DC
Entertainment Electronics
Heating & Air Conditioning
Plumbing
Camping Products
Campgrounds
Customer Service
Warranty Questions
GPS & Navigation Systems
In Memory Of...
Factory Recalls
Ask The Factory
Medical Devices
Trip Planning
Insurance
Solar
Cleaning
Telecommunication
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor Systems)
Traveling with Pets
Troubleshooting
Welcome
Rallies
Frames/Wheels
Exterior
Interior
Parts & Accessories
Boondocking and Dry Camping
Towing Rigs
How to and Modifications
Tips & Tricks
Contact Information (Factory & Third Party - like furnace/water heater/appliances)
Camping Stories
Off Topic
For Sale
Wanted to Buy
Dealers & Deals Made
Getting Started on the Board
Board Suggestions
System Announcements

And there should be a section for Manuals (PDF's of All RV manuals and Appliances)

KWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #22

Does anyone know who to contact at Redwood about this?
They went through the trouble of starting this forum so I think we should talk to them about making it more user friendly.
If you go to the Crossroads forum you'll see that it is very much like this one. It was probably designed by the same IT person so I don't know how successful we will be at getting them to change this forum. It doesn't cost anything to try though.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #23

Don't let the post from "designer" fool you.. it's SPAM. Check the signature line.
If your post to a thread gets copy and pasted like mine did, be sure to report it. We need zero tolerance for this sort of thing.
Besides, they should know that if a person can afford a Redwood they probably aren't interested in an illegal, knockoff hand bag.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #24

Redwood Marketing - the forum software is a purchased product. So, it does have some system limitations. The CrossRoads forum has been in place for several years and seems to be very successful in terms of information and topics.

As our tree grows, the forum will evolve and grow as well. The gentleman on this post with a suggested list of topics has some great ideas.

Keep "talking".
marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #25

Steve I believe you just got your answer and to the rest of us yes they are listening

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketing
Redwood Marketing - the forum software is a purchased product. So, it does have some system limitations. The CrossRoads forum has been in place for several years and seems to be very successful in terms of information and topics.

As our tree grows, the forum will evolve and grow as well. The gentleman on this post with a suggested list of topics has some great ideas.

Keep "talking".

Redwood Marketing---

Great to see your response on this post. I agree with you that the gentleman with all the suggestions has some great ideas to expand the topics list for this forum. Generally, I think this is avery good forum but it could be improved.

Before becoming a very happy Redwood 36RL owner, I used to visit the NUWA (HitchHiker) Owners forum nearly everyday to see what HitchHiker owners had to say about varaious topics. The NUWA forum is one of the best that I have seen. Even the president of the company visits and responds to questions on that forum which gives forum members an even closer relationship with the company. By the way, NUWA also offers Redwood 5th wheels at their factory outlet as a quality, high end alternative to their HitchHikers.

More interaction by Redwood Customer Service and the company in general would be a great addition to this forum. I commend you for your response.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #27

I agree, I'm glad to see some response from Redwood Marketing.

In order for the forum to grow as a family and be enjoyable it will need administrator help. The recent SPAMs on the site is just one example. There will also be the need to move posts to the proper Sub-Forum when they are posted wrong, and occasionally some threads will need to be split off to keep control of the thread drift.

I took another pass at my list breaking it up into groups. I deleted a few and added a few more topic categories.

Please, please do tear it apart. Say what you like and dislike about it, because this is YOUR forum.

Keith

Technical Discussions
Appliances
Electrical AC & DC
Entertainment Electronics
Heating & Air Conditioning
Plumbing
Frames/Wheel
Medical Devices
Solar
How to and Modifications
Parts & Accessories (like water filters and pressure regulators)
Towing Rigs
Telecommunication
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor Systems)
Cleaning & Waxing
Coach Lighting
Hydraulics

Camping & Trip Planning
Campgrounds
Camping Stories
Trip Planning
Boondocking and Dry Camping
Traveling with Pets
Rallies
Camping Products
GPS & Navigation Systems

Sales
For Sale
Wanted to Buy
Dealers & Deals Made

Factory & Forum
Welcome
Getting Started on the Board
Contact Information (Factory & Third Party - like furnace/water heater/appliances)
Board Suggestions
System Announcements
Factory Recalls
Ask The Factory
Manuals (PDF's of All RV manuals and Appliances)
Customer Service
Warranty Questions

Misc
Tips & Tricks
Off Topic
In Memory Of...
Insurance

Edited by: KWire
Old 04-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #28

I like your ideas. Thank you for your efforts. Thank you for this forum. Everything has to start somewhere and we are the trail blazers for Redwood as they are "home" builders for us.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #29

Hi all,

Anyone care to make some more comments on the Forum layout and categories?

It looks like we have someone from Redwood Marketing watching what the group wants, so if you would like some changes please speak up.

I would like to see Redwood take a more active part in the forum. Over on the Heartland forum (another Thor product ) I have even seen product managers answer questions. But I'd be satisfied if there was just somebody at Redwood that would read all the posts and forward all the important stuff on the management, then if a reply is appropriate post an answer back to the Forum.

Also, there was some talk about ROCI. Again on the Heartland Forum, their owners register their Heartland VIN with the club and receive a 10% discount off parts from the factory. It would be cool if Redwood did something like that. There are times when I might use a dealer for service, but most of the time I would just do it myself. I'm kind of a do-it-yourself-er...

At their rallies, they often have vendor and factory representatives hold seminars and to do service (again at a discount). I have seen reports of all kinds of repairs and adjustments being made and I think even warranty work. Lippert even installed the Level-Up systems on coaches.

So again I ask, what kind of support do you want from this Forum and Redwood?

Please speak up. As I said before, I am a Redwood-wannabe, and it will be at least a year before we can order, but I am very interested in seeing the Redwood and Forum grow and improve.

Keith

Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #30

Anyone have any opinion on how they would like to have the Forum organized? I think Redwood is listening...

Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #31

Kwire redwood marketing already gave a response to this issue. I pasted it below

"Redwood Marketing - the forum software is a purchased product. So, it does have some system limitations. The CrossRoads forum has been in place for several years and seems to be very successful in terms of information and topics.

Keep "talking"."

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #32

I'd like to see more main forum categories but not too many sub-categories. We could take the list you posted above and tweek it for our forum.
I'd like to see model specific categories. I.E. 36RL, 36RE, 36FL, etc...
I don't think we need a "medical devices" category though.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #33

How about a Prayers Section, I wanted to post a couple of weeks ago prayers needed for fellow Redwood owners, my husband was diagnosed 4/13 with Leukemia and wanted all the prayers we could get.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #34

Sorry to hear about your husband. We have been through alot of that and your prayers are on the way. Blessings and strength to you both as you both are affected. And any one else on this forum you are not being passed over.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRaff

How about a Prayers Section, I wanted to post a couple of weeks ago prayers needed for fellow Redwood owners, my husband was diagnosed 4/13 with Leukemia and wanted all the prayers we could get.
Sorry to hear about your husband
Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #36

Quote:

So sorry to hear. Canada sends our faith and hope. All the best
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #37

Brian,

I read the reply from Redwood Marketing. I understood took a look at the CrossRoads forum and it is using the WebWiz forum also. It is organized in Groups and Sub-Groups similar to what I was suggesting. Different categories of course, but more to than what is currently on the Redwood Forum.

No big deal, I just thought when they said "Keep "talking"", they meant they would try to accommodate the group.

Keith
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #38

Quote:

We are very sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. You guys are in our prayers. We hope that God will bless you guys with a hopeful prognosis. Let me say to anyone that needs prayer on this forum, just post it as a new post on the "anything"topic post thread for now and it at least will be seen and the prayer responses will go up. But don't hold back until we get a specific topic category. I hope I speak for everyone when I say we are eager to pray for our family.Edited by: John317
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #39

Steve,

I think model categories would be OK. In the CrossRoads Forum they have a "Products" main category and it looks like they break it down by from there.

I wondered about the "Medical Devices" category too. In the other forums I've been reading there always seems be people asking how to run their CPAP machines on battery at night when they don't have electric hookups but aren't allowed to run the generator. That might be one use for such a category.

Keith

Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #40

Quote:

Sue, I am sorry to hear that. Yes you both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I like the idea of a "Prayers Section".

Keith