Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2024, 04:24 PM   #1

Timbren Silent Ride suspension

I have nearly 100,000kms on my original 2011 RL susepnsion. I need to replace the suspension desperately, and don't want to break the bank doing so. Has anyone replaced theirs with Timbren Silent-Ride suspension? I would appreciate any input if so.
Thanks in advance!

https://timbren.com/en-ca/products/7...h-axle-spread:
Old 02-04-2024, 12:10 PM   #2

it looks like a better system then the factory springs BUT I see that your going to point load the frame of the trailer different, you may need to build a subframe under the factory I beams and tie both factory frame rails together with a subframe box . The factory LCi frames have very weak cross members and would not last with only the one center mounting point. Your factory springs have 3 mounting points on the frame spread out over 6' on each frame rail.

I can tell you for sure that the factory springs are not very smooth riding compared to our Morryde IS . I would not own a trailer this heavy with springs ever again after replacing the springs and putting in the Morryde there is no comparison. Morryde did build a subframe under the factory frame so that no lateral forces are carried in the factory frame. It's built out of 2" x 4" Box 1/4" wall tubing and its front to back and side to side under the factory frame 6' long with at least 4 heavy cross members.

I have seen some owner feedback on the Roadmaster slipper springs and shocks that is positive, you could take a look at that system. There would be less fabrication needed , a bolt in 100%.
Old 02-10-2024, 04:32 PM   #3

I just did a replacement on a 2017 38GK with the Roadmaster slipper springs and shocks. Drove from Kansas to Florida for the winter, OMG! It made a big difference from the factory setup. It's not IS by any means but for around $1600 and my labor it is a great improvement.

Lance
wwillie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:51 PM   #4

Do some research on this type suspension. There has been frame failures. We have a 2012 FL36 went with IS from Moryde well worth the cost and piece of mind.
PJarosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:30 PM   #5
Lee

I would worry about the torque created when the trailer is in a sharp turn. A subframe or frame improvement is needed.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwillie73 View Post
I just did a replacement on a 2017 38GK with the Roadmaster slipper springs and shocks. Drove from Kansas to Florida for the winter, OMG! It made a big difference from the factory setup. It's not IS by any means but for around $1600 and my labor it is a great improvement.

Lance
Thank you. I think I will use the Roadmaster system. Did you add the shocks as well?
Old 02-11-2024, 01:37 AM   #7

Yes, did the shocks also.
wwillie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 12:26 PM   #8

Shocks and the removing of the center spring connector will make the trailer much smoother over bridges. You will reduce the rocking front to back motion greatly. The trailer will need to be very close to level front to back if the trunnion type suspension is removed, the trunnion helps load the front and rear axle with the same weight if its unlevel. Let us know what your installing and a report back on how it changes the ride . call a buddie , get a few beers and Get R Done!
Old 02-22-2024, 12:08 AM   #9

My brother in law purchased a 2016 3991MB last summer... We are installing DeeMaxx disc brakes on it next month... and the Roadmaster suspension with shocks this fall....

I said to do it all at once, but they need to spare out the expenses....so I said disc brakes are nor important..

I told him both jobs should be a weekend job for us...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote