Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #1

Whats Quartzsite? informative video

Do any of you guys join up for a rally at Quartzsite, Az. ? We are planning on going next January. http://vimeo.com/87973648

Jay D.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #2

We have been to Quartzite several times. It is kind of a different experience. Some of the rallys are in regular campgrounds, but many of them are on BLM land. This is basically dry camping out on the desert. You can camp on BLM land for I think a week and it doesn't cost you anything, but you get nothing in return. There are no dumpstations or water unless you catch one of the outfits that will come around and fill you up or empty you out for a price. The town of quartzite is a small hole in the wall during the summer, but they have a gigantic flea market in the winter with different themes at different times. I never realized that rocks were so valuable until I went there. I haven't been there for several years, but when I did In January was the RV thing. Good Sam had a huge tent with many venders, and on the outside they had some units and speciality tow vehicles. In addition they had hundreds of other venders. You couldn't see them all in a day unless you walked walked without stoping . The Freightliner club had a 5 day get together each year. We would pick some spot, everybody bring firewood for an evenging fire each night, and set up meals etc. If you are in the area, even if your not with a group, its interesting just to spend a couple days camping on the desert and taking thing in. Just went to the picture you had on like, and it doesn't even do justice. If it is like it was, there are at least three to four times camping in the area than what it is showing.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #3

I was there in Jan as a vendor on the Midway and will return next year. There were several Redwood owners there but don't think there was organized Redwood camping. I enjoyed my 1st Quartzsite visit despite the dust.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #4

What did you vend? Mu vends at Red Hat Society conventions. We do about 11-13 shows a year. Going from denver to Tempe Az. for a 1 day Friday show March 21 st. Yes, it is worth it to drive that far and back for 1 day. We sell hats, jewerly and clothes.
Jay D.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
Do any of you guys join up for a rally at Quartzsite, Az. ? We are planning on going next January. http://vimeo.com/87973648

Jay D.
We will be in Indio, just along the I-10. We might drive up for a day to check it out.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #6

That was should have read--- My wife vends at Red Hat......
Old 03-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #7

I promote converting electric trailer brakes to Electric/Hydraulic Disk Brakes. I worked for Titan Tire for 16 years. Titan is abt. $1.4B worldwide tire business. They have a $10M hydraulic brake business that has been primarily marine trailers. When Titan found out I was going to full time RV in my retirement, they offered me a contract to represent them at various some horse shows, RV Shows, rallies etc. Started the year at Quartzsite on to Houston RV Show, Dixie National Horse Show, Jackson, Ms., Biloxi RV Show, New Orleans RV Show. From here I head back to Texas for state Good Sam Rallies in Waco, Shreveport and Texarkana.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #8

That sounds like fun. We enjoy the venting. I've been in sales all my life; vending is just an extention of sales.
Jay D.