Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 05:30 PM   #1

Water transfer

Looking for a little help identifying this part and finding a replacement. We found water in the basement of our 2013 36RL. I traced the water leak back to a crack in this plastic water separator / transfer case located on the wall for the water on/off selector valve.

Any ideas where I might might find a replacement. Not sure why this important piece is plastic other than cost.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3561.jpg (233.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3562.jpg (278.7 KB, 15 views)
Randy&Patti P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #2

Not sure from the photos but it looks like a water heater bypass valve, we had the same issue on our RW (same model and year as yours). I got a brass replacement from Swan industries directly, also check on Amazon, wasn't available here in Canada from Amazon.
You will also need the plastic fittings from the piping.

I can look up the exact one from Swan if you need it, but the selections shown will work

https://swanindustries.com/collectio...-heater-bypass
Old 05-22-2022, 11:04 PM   #3

Agree that looks like the water heater bypass valve. Most likely by B&B molders in Mishawaka In. Do a search. Plenty of places have them. $50-$60. Almcc correct that by new fittings are probably needed as well.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:11 AM   #4

Thanks for the help!
Randy&Patti P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy&Patti P. View Post
Looking for a little help identifying this part and finding a replacement. We found water in the basement of our 2013 36RL. I traced the water leak back to a crack in this plastic water separator / transfer case located on the wall for the water on/off selector valve.

Any ideas where I might might find a replacement. Not sure why this important piece is plastic other than cost.

Thanks for the help.
we have 2012 36rl. The pic looks like the water pump connector. Since we are stationary I disconnected it because it was leaking. Replaced the water pump and left it there for future use.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:43 PM   #6

Just a side note: It's not uncommon for the hot water bypass valve and associated one way check valves to hold residual water and crack during winter storage. Some of the hot water lines are by passed when engaging the by pass valve and draining the hot water tank. The by pass valve keeps the anti freeze from entering the hot water tank and leaving a residue in the gunk in the bottom of the hot water tank (never ending bad flavor). When using the bypass valve the pink anti freeze never reaches these lines and several check valves associated with this line.

The work around when winterizing is to: 1st drain all the lines and hot water tank completely and then re insert the tank plug. Then use 15 - 20 lbs of pressurized air inserted through your by pass induction line. This will blow that residual water out of all the water lines, including the hot water lines and all the check valves. Then throw the by pass valve and insert the non toxic anti freeze into the system.

Learned this the hard way many years ago
Old 05-31-2022, 04:12 AM   #7

It's really sad that they make this such a spaghetti bowl mess. I own a 2014 38RE, and my water "system" looks the same as that. I've seen some rv's that have a nice manifold that is marked as to what each line feeds or comes from. Very frustrating for the cost of these units that they can't seem to make it something that is more easily understandable...

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote