Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Pacific Northwest Redwoods?

How many of us own Redwoods and live in the Pacific Northwest? Just curious. Starting to see more of them when we are out. We fulltime up here in SW Washington State, but will be snowbirds when we retire in a couple of years. Can't imagine we won't still spend summers here.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

We fulltime and will be in Washington state around July. So I guess you could says we'll be Redwood owners in the Pacific Northwest for a month or so. Let me ask if you have any RV park recommendations for the Ellensburg, Wenatchee, Olympia areas?

Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Hi Mike n Vicki! I probably do have recommendations... let me check my log book and I will report back. The picture in my sig block is at Boardman RV park on the Columbia River in northern central Oregon (which I have raved about before). TOO HOT to stay there in the summer too long though. Usually around 100 degrees, but amazing sunsets and beautiful, irrigated park. I'll see what I have in my good book :-)

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 06-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #4

This is our pin map (on Google) of places we have stayed. Keep in mind that most of these were in our truck camper and not necessarily big rig friendly! But if there is anything on there that you have a question about (until I get the embedded notes updated) feel free to ask. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...zs&usp=sharing

Old 06-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #5

Thanks! We'll take a look.

Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #6

We are full Timers in Northwest. Home part is in Salem Or for right now will be doing the snow bird thing soon most likely in 2017. We spend lot weekends at the coast and in southwest Washington areas. Usually go back to Midwest to visit family for mid June - August but unable to go this year so just Trips in the NW for us now.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #7

HI RWJSIM2003! It's fun to see who is close by.
We find ourselves wishing and hoping that more RV parks will open up in this region. There are many in the "sun states" but not as many here. Most of the RV parks here are for "Camping" (Which we do a LOT of in our Lance camper) but I can tell you from experience, that as breathtaking as this area is, there is an enormous deficit of "big rig friendly" RV parks. (As I am sure you can attest) Washington State parks are notoriously in beautiful spots but are extremely big rig UNFRIENDLY. Winding roads between huge trees, low branches and small, uneven and sloped sites. Fine for our camper but could never hope to take our "home" there. Oregon parks are much better, but not a fulltime option for more than a short time. We are lucky, we have a park hosting gig in a tiny little county park and it's perfect. For those who are looking for this type of thing, I would strongly encourage you to look into it, because they (our county) is looking to expand their RV park hosting program. Great people to work for.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! I hope there is more! We can compare spots!

Old 06-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #8

Romany there are many Washington state parks you can get into easily. Check out Tadipam and Mossyrock in southwest Washington. Mayfield Lake is nice but you have to be selective on the spots. there are a few really nice parks in Anacortes, La Conner area. In Oregon we use many different State campgrounds on the coast that have plenty of room. There are Three Lane County Camp grounds down near Eugene that are nice and have room for Big Rig and one at the coast. In Salem Or area there is HEE HEE Illahee RV Resort that has long pull thus. We have been lucky most of the places we like to go have room for the big rig.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #9

Great ideas! I agree, there are definitely some nice parks in Washington, but the ratio of them to those that won't work is a way less favorable than Oregon. They are suffering some serious budget issues, so hopefully that will change some day. Oregon parks get lottery money and it sure shows. We've stayed in Mossyrock several times (Riffe Lake) and loved it. That's very close to us. That is a Tacoma Power park (they ALWAYS have nice parks) In fact, if we see County or Power Company parks or Corps of Engineers, we gravitate toward those. They seem to be consistently pretty darn nice. Definitely will check out Tadipam! Thanks!

Old 06-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #10

It is also a Tacoma Power Park on the other side of Riffe Lake.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #11

would be fun to set up a NW Redwood RV Rally and see how many PPL we can get to come and since our numbers are growing.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #12

:-) You read my mind. Well, let's keep talking it over. PLUS there are always more RWs in this area (PNW) during the summer months because it's so great here then. The key will be to find the right park. We can nominate parks and vote or something. It does NOT just need to be us "residents!" for sure. We are all mobile and part of our big RW family. I wouldn't mind attending several rallies around the country as we travel. There are all kinds of rallies, and hanging out in a park where all trailers look like mine would be fun! We could weave the rallies into our route for the year. FUN! We could have potlucks and walk-thrus and brag about the owner-mods we have done and learn from each other and help each other with any problems. I love it.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 AM   #13

We are/will be in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area til late July, currently in Gig Harbor & it's a nice park, but WAY too expensive in July & August, moving to Graham in 2 weeks to Rainier View for 1/2 price, small park, a little tight, but as you said not much to choose from. Most of the state we've visited had sites large enough, but unable to navigate all the roads to get to them.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:45 AM   #14

Travelin there is nice park in Enumclaw at the king county fair grounds. We have stayed there many times. Park does not have sewer hook up but is a great location for day trips. There was a honey wagon that would come every week to empty tanks
Old 06-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #15

I'm going to start a file with Pacific Northwest Redwood friendly parks. I will attach that file here (and keep it updated) for those of us travelling in this beautiful area. :-)

Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #16

Confluence park Wenatchee

I forgot about this park. It's an excellent park for redwoods and it has plenty of room and very easy access. Right in the heart of Apple country and near the river and wonderful hiking paths. A very good Park one to put on your list!
http://www.parks.wa.gov/286/Wenatchee-Confluence
Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Make sure to add soap lake to your list. Beautiful place
Old 06-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Make sure to add soap lake to your list. Beautiful place
Excellent! Forgot about that one!
Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I'm going to start a file with Pacific Northwest Redwood friendly parks. I will attach that file here (and keep it updated) for those of us travelling in this beautiful area. :-)
We will be coming out that way in a couple of years - I plan vacations in advance - so I am very happy to hear about all the parks that are big rig friendly in Washington, Oregon. Hubby just retired and we are headed to South Dakota/North Dakota this summer (I have to take 3 wks vaca to do the trip). Once I retire next year we are hoping to visit the western half of USA. First trip will be Yellowstone Nat'l Pk, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana....northwest corner states.

Please start this file!! Need big spots, pull thru if possible...

thanks for any information! can't wait to come out to see that beautiful area...need to visit the Pacific Ocean and the Sequoia Trees!!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #20

I don't live in Washington, but I will be leaving Richland WA after completing the outage at Columbia Generating Station. We are heading to Moab and then to Zion and the Grand Canyon.