Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Site Team

open for some advice

After the rally we'll have 5 days to burn before we have to be in the Albany NY area for a conference. We were going to go see Niagra Falls but we aren't sure at this point. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to burn 5 days between Indiana and Albany?

We're thinking we'll wait and go to Niagra after we get prepared to go into Canada. Right now we don't have the passports and too much firepower to cross the boarder.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #2

Be nice to drop down to w. Virginia. Go up through Pennsylvania . Lots to see there.
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:42 AM   #3

I agree, run east into PA visit Gettysburg ,,, maybe west chester and drop onto Philly if you have toad,, from there you can run up the pike to 287 in NJ to 87 up into Albany..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azandy View Post
Be nice to drop down to w. Virginia. Go up through Pennsylvania . Lots to see there.
I agree also and been through many times. Keep on heading North and New Hampshire is also beautiful country.
Drive real fast and just bypass Ohio.... Haven't found anything to interest us there. I'm sure we missed some nice areas but talk about farmland lasting for miles!!

Steve.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:08 AM   #5

I recommend going to the Finger Lakes in NY. We've been twice in the last year. Stayed at Sned Acres. Beautiful country and lots and lots of wineries. You could easily spend two days driving around the Lakes, stopping for tastings along the way. It reminds me of the way Napa used to be 20 years ago. Now they're best known for their whites (esp Rieslings) and I know you like your reds, but I think you and Ginny would really enjoy it. If we didn't have to get back to work, we would tag along. What a hoot!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

Henry Ford museam
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote