Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

New redwood sat issues??

Just purchased a 2021 and cannot get the sat to connect thru any of the key tv ports. The sat will connect directly from dish to the receiver. I have tried two new dish receivers and dishes and they both are the same. Any ideas??
Thanks
Bobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaru View Post
Just purchased a 2021 and cannot get the sat to connect thru any of the key tv ports. The sat will connect directly from dish to the receiver. I have tried two new dish receivers and dishes and they both are the same. Any ideas??
Thanks
Bobaru, what model RW are you in and can you give a little more detail how you're connecting your system?

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:37 PM   #3

It’s a 4001lk. I have tried every scenario. Three foot coaxial from dish to roof top plug and then a three foot coaxial inside water compartment from roof junction to the key tv hook up and obviously from wall plate to the receiver.
I have also tried from the dish with twenty- five foot coaxial to every key tv plug on the outside and nothing. The only way it works is directly from the dish into the receiver.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #4

And the key tv connector by the water, the blue light is on, yes?

Old 08-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #5

Yes that stays o. I even pulled that out to make sure all cables were secure on the back
Old 08-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaru View Post
Yes that stays o. I even pulled that out to make sure all cables were secure on the back
Yeah if it was off I would've had you check that.

We're on the road now so let me mull that one over a little more til we reach our next destination.

Unrelated to this, have you figured out what the unlabeled black rocker switch in the storage bay is? Its under the in house vacuum system, set of three switches and its the third switch labeled on/off.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #7

Yes those are your outside light switches
Old 08-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #8

The first two we know for sure are the outside lights but the third didnt do anything for us.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #9

We have a much older unit that yours, but Redwood ran dedicated coax runs (orange) for the satellite from the roof to the entertainment center and also to the bedroom. Those orange coaxes were exclusively for the rooftop satellite. There was a waterproof cap on the roof in front of the rear AC where the dish connections were made.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #10

Bob,
You mention connecting the dish to the rooftop connection? Not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to the Key TV port by the water nautilus system? Your satellite dish should connect there to the sat connection, then any interior Key TV plate- connect to your receiver(assume it is like a Wally), then an HDMI to the TV. Think that is what you have tried but just double checking...
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:34 PM   #11

The redwood that I bought has a pre-wired sat port on the roof top for a fixed dish. That port runs directly to another port in the water hook-up area isolated from the key tv ports. In any event I have tried hooking the dish directly to the key tv in that area as well as the storage area key tv . Still nothing.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2020, 11:38 PM   #12

Got it. The Key TV ports in the water bay are the "ins" so screwy that when you hook the sat up to that and then the receiver to a sat in the inside it does not work.
Have you tried hooking the dish up to the Cable/Ant in the water bay and then the receiver in the coach to a cable/ant connection? Just spitballing here but might be something in the Sat cabling???
Old 08-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #13

I have tried everything, I’m suspecting a break in cable or perhaps a screw or something. Can’t get any help from the dealer or redwood shy of hauling two hours back to the dealer and they knew nothing about the unit when I purchased it and now they don’t even call me back. I suggested to keystone that they should train their dealers before allowing them to sell units they know NOTHING about. Only owned the unit for one week! Frustrating!!
Thanks again
Old 08-04-2020, 01:25 AM   #14

Hear that. We are 1 week tomorrow and already have 13 issues to discuss with Keystone owner relations tomorrow. 2021 4001LK like yours, with every available option and yet I have to ask what a switch is for in the basement bay because the dealer did not know...Feel your pain!
Old 08-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #15

Just FYI for any following thread, I found the key tv booster to be bad even though it’s new and the blue led is on. Removed the booster and direct connected the sat to the coaxial behind it and works great!
Old 08-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #16

The Key System has been used in Montana's for a while now and there is nothing but problems and issues with it. Very sorry to see they have now stuck it in Redwoods.
I understand they're trying to make things simpler and easier, but it appears the Key System is not the answer.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:37 AM   #17

I read this & a couple other different forums & it seems that 6 out of 10 post are asking for help with KeyTv or the InCommand systems.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #18

Man, I'm so glad we have analog switches and non electronic cable tv and satellite tv. We've owned ours since the spring of 2013 and the switches work every single time....................and our Dish Travel'r had worked flawlessly for that entire time.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote