Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #41

We live in the country and store our RW in a pole barn. The dadgum satanic rodents chewed the wiring harness up in our pickup twice in six weeks while stored in that barn. They also made entry into our previous RV. I used steel wool in the places where plumbing came up through the floor and I ordered a gallon of 'Rat-B-Gone'. It cost about twenty bucks back then. The primary ingredient was 87% sulfur as I recall. I went to the feed store and bought a fifty lb. sack of sulfur and sprinkled on the ground surrounding the wheels, landing gear, etc. I also have fed the mice. I have tried a lot of products but love the green 1 1/2in cubes at Home Depot. I built a couple of boxes that had the bait at the far end of the box and a small entryway so raccoons, squirrels, dogs, etc. couldn't get to the bait. It seems to be working.

Re: the radio playing.....I had rats in the wellhouse. I turned the radio on to a station that plays Mexican music and cranked it up. The evil vermin preferred a different station and moved out!
TexasRver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #42
Traveling

Haha TexasRVer- I hear your frustration. We caught 4 more overnight with the traps. I hope they are being caught faster than they are breeding. UGLY.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #43
Traveling

Ok, we are up to 11 mice caught. I feel our traps are doing a great job in that we are catching them before even finding "evidence" of them. The other night, I made a roast chicken (with the legs tied together with string). We at dinner, and when I cleared the table and opened the island doors to get the dw soap... there was the string from my chicken, hauled out of the garbage and dropped near the hole in the cabinet under the sink. SUCKERS! How bold is that?! I hate mice.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #44

Speaking of critters...roaches!!! They came aboard last winter and have toured the lower 48 with us for the past year, we've tried most every method of irradiating them but those nasty little creatures are still problematic. Anyone out there had luck getting rid of them...for good ??
Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #45

When I lived in Guam roaches were a way of life. About every other month I'd leave an open bag of marshmallows on the seat of the car. First thing in the morning, open the door grab the bag close it up. Was good for awhile. Short of roach bombing the rig.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote