Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #221

Well, there is a nice, approx 5x5 label on the inside of the Convenience Center door, marked off as year 1, year 2, etc up to year 5 and the requirements written out in plain English, inspect every year or no 5 year warranty.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #222

This is why it's important to really know the details of our warranty.
I can understand Redwood's position on this and don't taking it in for the annual inspection. I'm sure that over the course of the year I'll have a small list of other things for them to do.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #223

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

We mentioned the annual inspection to our dealer in Canton Tx and they said they had not received any material on it other than word of mouth that it has something to do with checking welds at the frame and that it wouldn't cost very much.1 or more hours to do it but no other information in writing yet...RW better get it together before they wind up in a law suite for no information
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #224

Some tangible info on Paper or PDF post on line would be nice. We also must remember that this is year two for RW and only time will tell. I realize that when you visit the plant and meet all the nice people you feel secure but a piece of paper would also make you feel secure. Also could you have this inspection done by a company other than the dealer you purhased it from? Would be nice to have this alternative. Also (1800getinfo for RW industries) Would be nice to have this # to contact. My only contact is Andy Wesdorp and with all his traveling I feel that he may be overwhelmed. Some of you have mentioned Brian Emmons in your blogs. Can he also help, if so what is his email address or number?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771
Speaking of warranties, has everyone noticed the post-it on the Convenience Center door with the requirement to have the unit inspected every year by an authorized Redwood Service Center to keep the 5 year structural warranty in affect????
I saw that also. it looks like an insurance policy,at the cost to the consumers, to pay every year to keep itin inforced. we all should have been told this when we ordered and it should have been in there advertisment.

Lillyputz
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #226

We found something new about our coach. The slide out pantry in the center island has adjustable shelves. We found this out because some of our spice jars bounced around and blocked the door from opening. The trays had bounced off the tabs and some of the tabs had fallen to the floor. If it happens, you can removed the drawers beside it and have access to correct.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #227
Site Team

I'm not going to be too worried about the inspection. They used to have those stickers on all hitches yet I've never seen anybody out laying on their backs with a torque wrench checking the bolts of their hitches. It's hard enough to get people to check their lug nuts. As was mentioned earlier, this is year 2 of the production of the Redwoods. That means they've actually been building them for more like 3 years. I haven't seen any posts yet about frame issues on these units. You couldn't say the same thing about Heartland or Montana because they had several frame issues the first few years.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #228

Happy Camper:

It's a good lesson for you to learn. My experience has been that on the first or second tow, those little gold shelf brackets pound out the mounting hole and fall to the bottom of the cabinet, then the loose shelf blocks opening the drawer.You usually have to pull everything to find & recover them.You can look forward to doing this every time now.Maybe those little shelf holders should come with lanyard cables . Once the holes pound out... your cooked.

My next attempted fix will be to "gorilla glue" those shelf holders back in place and see what happens.
Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #229

Re the warranty, in my research, I have spoken to both Tom Montague and Brian Emmons about the warranty. They have both advised me that failure to have the annual inspection will void the warranty. So I would check out the requirements with Redwood. They told me there is a 1-month leeway each way, and I think it was also mentioned in the owners manual Brian sent me. I understand it can be done at any authorized dealer, but I would verify that with Redwood, too. Brian's email address is bemmons@redwood-rv.com he can tell you what you have to do and where you have to go. I guess some of the first rigs will be at or past their anniversary date already! I hope this helps you, I am just letting you know what I was told.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #230

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

I'm bothered by the fact that even the dealers don't know what is included in the annual inspection or how much time it takes or how much they will charge.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #231

Does it have to be our dealer or can a crossroads dealer do the inspection?
My Dad's Citation started delaminating after 2 years, I took it to the dealer and the warranty was declined because we did not have the annual inspections done. I guess this is a standard for Thor

Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #232

Spice rack problems.
My wife and I visited our dealer and found those pins on the floor of cabinet and asked the salelman about the shelf. He said they occasionally fall out when moving the coach. WELLLLLLL what to do came to me immediately. A small piece of Gorrilla tape on the bottom of the tab or pin and you have a fix. Use glue and it's there for life. I do kitchen installs and those pins are at the bottom of the totam pole for pins. The pins with a right angle bracket work the best and stay in.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #233

Sadly, as in the automotive industry, the parts selected for production often go to the supplier with the lowest bid. The tug of war between the bottom line and product quality is too often won by the investor at the consumer's expense. For example... The satin finish on my bathroom fixtures is beginning to wear through or discolor. When I take the rig in it's annual inspection I will have them address that and whatever else comes up.
My only requirement is to have the annual inspections done... it's Redwood's responsibility to see that their dealer network is made aware of what to inspect.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #234

Has any one with a FL thought of a ceiling fan in the bed room? I am going to look at construction in aug and maybe install one after market. Just wondering if any one else had the thought.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #235

We requested it when we ordered our coach, Redwood declined because ceiling was too low and would not install it. We are not tall people so we argued the point and lost. I am curious on how you would install one as we would like to have one in the bedroom.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #236

check your paperwork on the fantastic fan. Ours says to use it as the ceiling fan. Close the door and make sure the fan is blowing into coach.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #237

We also have a reversible fan in the bedroom only. (Blow in)
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #238

This thread is titled "Anything Topic" so here goes...

We spent a few extra bucks to have our 36RL painted. It's really classy looking! A few weeks ago we took it in for the first visit to the shop to have a few minor things done under the warranty. One of the items was the seal between the front cap and the roofing. It seemed to be pulling apart. When the technician worked on the seam the roofing material ripped. Now the service manager says we need to replace the roofing and has moved forward with Crossroads to order the new roof. Only one catch. When the unit was painted the paint design went from the bottom to the very top and is included on the rolled part of the roofing. In other words, there is a 4 or 5 inch section of the roof line on each side that was painted as part of the graphics we paid extra for. Now, they want to replace the roof. The replacement will not have the continuation of the graphics at the top. So, we will have a nicely painted surface up to where the roof is secured on each side and then a white rolled section up to the roof. Not acceptable!! We paid dearly for that paint. In our opinion the new roof should match the one being replaced.

Anyone else encountered this problem???
Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #239

We agree. When you go in for a hair cut you expect to come out looking basically the same. Not a BUZZ cut and thanks for the tip! This must be repaired because as we, the paint job is our investment in going up one notch. Hope they fix it GrandPa!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #240

All I can say is WOW! Don't take what they are dishing up. You bought it fully painted and with a roof repair you should get it back with a fully painted unit. I really don't think Redwood wants to be represented with a job half done. Word of mouth will hurt them.Edited by: Rooksfive
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote