Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #1

Any others here in the Redwood family writers that self publish their books?

Although we are still busy operating our [one truck trucking business] and only in the Redwood during our hometown, I've begun my "working while full time RVing" plan, which is to write and publish my own books from the comforts of the Redwood while surrounded by my fellow RVers.

My first book is completed (the manuscript and cover design) and currently at my printer being content edited prior to print and release around the end of the year. I look forward with great anticipation to seeing how successful "Fallen Angel Of The Highway" will be. It being my first novel.

It would be interesting to learn if there are any other writers amongst our group, and what genre of writing you are involved in and how you got started. In my case, the wife told me that it was time for me to stop being the campfire storyteller and giving my stories away, and instead start writing them into book form and selling em! So, here we go with our first psychological romance thriller!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Good luck!!
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #3

That is too cool. Good luck. Our work camper at the KOA we stay at is published. He has written four books, two technical and two sci-fi. I have signed copies of the sci-fi books. It always neat when you know someone that has done something like that. I'm an avid reader of Mysteries and Thrillers, I'll be looking for your book.

Edited by: Radio_Flyer
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #4

"Psychological romance thriller". Sounds a lot like my first marriage.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
"Psychological romance thriller". Sounds a lot like my first marriage.
Same here Spindrift. The first marriage in my life was the psychotic one. The second marriage has been the fun and interesting one.

The beauty of writing fictional books is that I have all these great life experiences and friends to draw from for creating situations and character personalities from. Then with a little tweaking, and some embellishing, walla we have a story! LOL

Fallen Angel Of The Highway does in many ways mirror my own life (with some added icing for the cake), as an American Trucker moving the nation's specialized freight across the country. Also my relationships and marriages and how trucking has affected them both positively and negatively through the years. Having to deal with Homeland Security and the many checkpoints we've dealt with through the years that have over zealous and unreasonable guards at the gates. Living life on the wild side. Plus how one can be pushed to the edge of the psychological cliff we all stand upon in life and in the case of the fictional character Sean, how he reacts and then chooses to deal with what life has thrown at him.

The story has many twist and turns along the way just like a mountain pass with romance and sensuality along the way, plus an ending no one would ever see coming until its to late!

It was a blast creating this story, the lovable characters along the way, and the ending!!!

<center>
</center>

This is me in my writer's garret (the late Harry Chapin used to refer to his writer's garret where many of his songs were written) during the writing of this book. actually it was written in my office area on-board our custom built Kenworth T-600B. Yes, I have an office in my big rig! LOL

Edited by: GHage
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #6

But you're a truck driver! You're not allowed to be a writer too.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
But you're a truck driver! You're not allowed to be a writer too.
But check out my office, I can write and drive truck to. Just not at the same time! LOL