Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #261

Count us in!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #262
Site Team

Last year (I believe it was around June) there was talk of organizing this group and the person that was going to do it was Colonel John (COLKJDM). Last year I believe he was the one that got the rally together and did a great job. John has a lot of organizational skills from being a Colonel in the military and I would strongly recommend asking him if he would go down this path.

In case some of you are interested.....last year the down fall to the idea was that some of the folks weren't ready for the structure of an association. I believe now this group might be ready but that's up to all of you.

For those of you that haven't met John, he's a hell of a guy without an ego and he has knowledge. The only way something like this could work, would be to have some sort of fee just like "Good Sams" to fund various costs. It could be set up as a "Not to Profit" group with board members.

Just my opinion

P.S. there was also the argument of what everyone was going to be called. Some of us wanted to be called "Woodies" however some folks didn't like that. So this would also have to be on top of the list to work out as well.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #263

Count us in, too. We'll be the CO Rocky Mountain representatives. For now.

Our FB got into the dealer yesterday - covered with about 6" of snow. And here we are in Sedona about 700+ miles away. Next week we'll have it!!

As part of the club, I was thinking about doing something with letting folks know about RV parks. I know there are several review sites already, but they cover a variety of types of parks. For example, the one we are in now, which is quite possibly the worst I've ever been in, was reviewed as Excellent by several Rvers. I have no idea what they were in, but we could barely maneuver our 26' TT into this spot - and Kevin has driven a big truck and has backed this TT into some REALLY tight spots. Not to mention it's old, dirty (not Kevin or the trailer) and mostly full timers - some with campers just sitting on the ground - no truck. NEVER would I bring the RW here, even if it would fit.

And, of course, seeing Dave's spot on the beach only makes me more green!! ]

Joyce
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #264
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev n JJ

Our FB got into the dealer yesterday - covered with about 6" of snow. And here we are in Sedona about 700+ miles away. Next week we'll have it!!

As part of the club, I was thinking about doing something with letting folks know about RV parks. I know there are several review sites already, but they cover a variety of types of parks. For example, the one we are in now, which is quite possibly the worst I've ever been in, was reviewed as Excellent by several Rvers. I have no idea what they were in, but we could barely maneuver our 26' TT into this spot - and Kevin has driven a big truck and has backed this TT into some REALLY tight spots. Not to mention it's old, dirty (not Kevin or the trailer) and mostly full timers - some with campers just sitting on the ground - no truck. NEVER would I bring the RW here, even if it would fit.

Joyce
Unfortunately, I've been to some of those places as well. Some places are full of permanent junk trailers. These places look more like junk yards than they do campgrounds.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #265
Dan

[QUOTE

Joyce[/QUOTE]

Joyce
One of the things I do when looking for an RV park is use google maps to zoom into them and get a look at what is there I have turned down lots of thesehighlyrecommended parks when you get to see what isactuallythere

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #266
Dan

Getting back to the thread, count me in if its free

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #267

Wink and I would be in for a club as well.

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:

Joyce
Unfortunately, I've been to some of those places as well.Â* Some places are full of permanent junk trailers.Â* These places look more like junk yards than they do campgrounds.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:

Joyce
Unfortunately, I've been to some of those places as well.Â* Some places are full of permanent junk trailers.Â* These places look more like junk yards than they do campgrounds.
http://rvthereyetdirectory.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #270

http://rvthereyetdirectory.com/

I like both these sites, I check them out before I make a reservation or on the road and need to know the closest campground.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #271

I also use Google Earth. Just be sure to check the date of the image. Some are a few years old. A lot can change in 2 years
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #272
Site Team

Count us in. And we've found that sometimes tripadvisor.com has RV park reviews
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #273

CcEdited by: spindrift
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #274

Well, this is probably after the fact, but count us in. We have been a little misplaced lately.

We are at Holly Lake Ranch, Texas, approx. 35 miles northeast of Tyler, TX .

Russ & Linda
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #275

Hopefully we will all soon be discovering the whole US and Canada and want have a region, we will have a "Where I Am" section to keep people imformed. Praise God, This is our ministry.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

We're game, we've had fun with the Montona Owners Club, so why not a Redwood Owners Club.Â* Montana Owners have a yearly Fall Rally at the Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN and had almost 100 Montana's there last Sept.Â* The Fairgrounds makes a good Rally site and has approx 100 Full Hook-up Sites (just thinking outloud)
Â*
Michelle & Ann Sullivan
Western NY (Rochester/Buffalo area)
I was adopted into the Montana club before I decided on the Redwood with much thinking, After I bought they let me stay. Mark Allen in Colorado is a friend on facebook. They are a bunch of guy's enjoying RVing too. I have met a lot of great people, mostly snow birds coming to our parks in Louisiana for the winter. Good Living.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

We're game, we've had fun with the Montona Owners Club, so why not a Redwood Owners Club. Montana Owners have a yearly Fall Rally at the Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN and had almost 100 Montana's there last Sept. The Fairgrounds makes a good Rally site and has approx 100 Full Hook-up Sites (just thinking outloud)

Michelle & Ann Sullivan
Western NY (Rochester/Buffalo area)
I was adopted into the Montana club before I decided on the Redwood with much thinking, After I bought they let me stay. Mark Allen in Colorado is a friend on facebook. They are a bunch of guy's enjoying RVing too. I have met a lot of great people, mostly snow birds coming to our parks in Louisiana for the winter. Good Living.

We are game for an owner's club and also attendingan annualrally, providing it is warm and sunny.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #278

Count us in too!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #279

count us in also. We roll out of Moncure, NC. Dickens RV Park .Picking mine up this monday. They are finishing putting on the uniGuard on the main awning with led's.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #280

WOW. I checked through 28 pages and not one time did I say we’re in. Sorry. But I did comment somewhere back in the 20’s. So WE’RE IN!!

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote