Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2023, 09:13 PM   #1

New Here and already have a question...

Hello from the new guy here. Live between Oklahoma, Colorado ... and the road. Lost our Cameo in a crash in 2022... replaced it with a Redwood. So far; we are pleased. The wife and I are hiking all the National Parks. We have 8 left to hike and we will have done them all! Checking off three of those eight over the next three months.

Do have question I hope you can help me. While in an RV park the lawn guy was trimming grass with his gas powered trimmer close to the "Woody." Not long after he moved on I was cleaning up the mess he left when I noticed the rear frameless window was shattered. Of course, the park management assumed no liability. I need to find a replacement window for a 2013 36RE Redwood by Thor. Anybody know where I can find a 15"W x 36"H, Black, frameless Insulated glass window?

RLSEM
RLSEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 04:26 PM   #2

https://www.trekwood.com/parts-search.php

http://tiararvsales.com/

I’ve had these two sites in my folders. I’d give one of them a try and see what they say. Good Luck.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:04 PM   #3

I have replaced windows. This is the go-to for windows used by RW.
- Pelland Enterprises

Bob & Judy
2017 38RL
..Slide-n-Slide..Triple A/C
..MorRyde IS..Disc Brakes..Sailun 17.5" H rated tires
2016 F-350 DRW TD
..Air-Lift 5000 w/Wireless One
BobJudy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:54 PM   #4

Hey thanks!

I’ve contacted trekwood and was replied to from tiara…? Anyway the window they came back with is not the window I need. Apparently they use W x H to determine replacement part. I gave them H x W …. Anyway, I took the Woody to a service shop who ordered with Lippert.

Thanks for chiming in. I really appreciate that!
Old 06-25-2023, 10:04 PM   #5

Bob here. One of ours did the same thing from a road trip. 38GK in the rear next to the couch. Taped up the window around the edges on the outside. Took the frame off the inside. Next used a plastic scraper to peel off the window from the outside. Once off there is a sticker on the aluminum frame that Tiara (Lippert) needs to order the proper size, color, and type. They shipped it to us in a very well protected package in about a month. Came with caulking tape, popped right in and attached the inside frame. Done.
Bob and Gail Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 07:25 PM   #6

Hi Bob!
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the same window as mine. The service shop I use told me that is how they had to find the part number. I'm an Manufacturing Engineer. When I need a part for any reason, I refer to the Bill of Material (BOM). Makes me wonder if there is Standardization and Revision Controls in the engineering and manufacture of these coaches...?
I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me. Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Safe Travels
Old 06-26-2023, 07:36 PM   #7

Thanks Bob!
I have forwarded the link onto the service shop that has my "Woody."

I really appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Safe Travels