Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2023, 05:56 PM   #1

First wake-up call.

A cordial "hello" to the members of this Redwood forum,
My wife and I have been working toward the day when we could finally retire, buy a truck and camper and visit the US while we still can. We sold everything, found a "never sold" 2022 Redwood 4001 LK, bought it very discounted, the dealer is adding our "wants" and here we are beginning our education.
LESSON 1: Low Goals are achievable at the Company level! I received a black and white reprint of an owners manual, titled "Redwood Owner's Manual." I read through it and discovered NOTHING specific about the 5th wheel that I had just purchased. I searched online looking for something specific for my 4001 LK and found a colorized version of the black and white generic manual that I received. It too is very generic and is not written for or about a 4001 LK specifically. I called Keystone and asked where could I acquire an actual "Owner's Manual." The very polite response was, "there isn't one. In my 23 years working here I have never seen a specific manual, only generic ones." The lady was just the bearer of news and not someone to be irritated with, so I thanked her and hung up.
Compared to other models that we had considered, I am still convinced that the Redwood is made better than others and I look forward to living on the road; however, my first impression of the "customer focus" at the Corporate level has been a dismal letdown.
Thankfully there are forums like this to find and or offer help.
We should all demand better.
Respectfully submitted,
Jon
Asimplertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:54 PM   #2

You are a quick learner. Welcome to the RV community. Hopefully you are mechanically inclined as doing your own repairs will allow you to live in your RV as opposed to staying in a hotel, while someone who knows even less than you, repairs your RV for $150.00 per hour. It is however a great adventure once you get the bugs worked out of your rig. Don't be afraid to travel to get best people to do your warranty repairs. Congratulations on starting your adventure!
Old 08-22-2023, 02:01 AM   #3

After the first wake up call.

To other Redwood Owners,
I am sure there are many others who have a better mechanical background than I do, but I intend to build a better "Owner's Manual" for the RW-4001LK and share it online. It is very early in our journey. I do not know where to store the Rice Krispies yet.
Installing our first set of "wants" is almost done. We will move to a local camp site and try things out for a couple of months.
We are adding a stacked washer & dryer, a water softener, awnings for the slide-outs, a solar panel battery tender and a 5500 watt LP generator. Everything else starts out as stock. I welcome any suggestions or questions.
Jon
Asimplertime is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello | Hello »