Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 02:21 AM   #1

Considering a Cypress 38BHS

Hi all, I'm in the market now looking for a new fiver for full timing. My wife and I sold our house in California and are hitting the road heading for Colorado after we find the right unit. We've been looking at several different bunkhouse models and have narrowed it down to the Grand Design and the Redwood as our first choice. Any advice from all you full timers and Redwood experts would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Travels,
Peter
Peter&Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

Pulled the trigger!

Well I slept on it for the night and decided to call the dealer. We agreed upon a great number and I gave him a deposit today! Can't wait to pick up my unit in a few weeks!!

Peter
Old 06-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #3

Congratulations on your decision, hope all goes well!
Just curious, is the Cypress you picked out new, as in a '17 or '18, because I thought the Cypress & Sequoia had been discontinued.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #4

Thank you, it's a like new 2015 Cypress! You're correct, they were only produced in 15 & 16. In not sure about the production years for the sequoia.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #5

3rd day in the new home!

We (wife, son, dog and I) finally made it down to Cypress Texas to pick up our 2015 Redwood Cypress! Drove it about 30 miles to a park in Tomball to break it in before the pull to Colorado. No issues as of yet and we had a nice thunderstorm yesterday. We're all loving settling in to our new home and smaller living. I can't thank RV & Specialities in Cypress TX enough for all their hospitality, information and support. It was definitely worth the 2,300 mile drive from California, not hard to believe many of their customers come from all over the country.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #6

Hope you enjoy your new to you unite and all goes well for you's.There is lots of good people on this site if you ever need help.

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:58 AM   #7

Welcome to the family!! Any questions you may have, just ask! A lot of good suggestions found here.