Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

Aloha from Texas

Hi everyone,
LONG POST AHEAD

I am new to the RV lifestyle. I am downsizing and when the time comes, I don’t want my kids to have to deal with a house. Any who.

I am currently living in a tiny house in a RV park. I am just amazed at all the full time people who live here. Life is so simple and relaxing (as it appears on the outside.). I know there are many challenges with living in a RV full time, can you say “cramped”? Not really, I am purchasing a 2016 Redwood 39FL. I love the three room separation and cupboards galore. There is enough garage storage for me, myself, and two cats.

I will be putting my new RV at a pull thru site here at the RV park, then move it to the family property when the site is ready. Someone else will move it from the dealership to the RV park, then again to the property (unless it is ready in the next two weeks.)

This is an adventure of a lifetime for me. I will be learning how to drive a dually pick up truck, then learn how to tow my rig. Retirement in 5 years!

And if you were wondering, I am used to living in small spaces. Try living on an aircraft carrier (USS Nimitz) in a berthing compartment with 71 other women. Everything I owned was stowed under my bunk!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Susan
Shrtswt2thpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #2

Congratulations!
Hope you'll enjoy the experience as much as we did!
We just sold our Redwood that we lived full-time in for just over 6 years & just over 10 years total full-timing & settled in a 55+ RV resort in a modular home. Can't think of one thing I'd do differently, except starting earlier.
If during your experience you need assistance just ask here, there's lots of great folks with tons of experience & knowledge that are willing to help.
In our travels across the country have several women towing rvs that do just fine, it's not rocket science.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote