Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #81
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy

Steve.........you are right something does stink here just a little tiny bit!!

Update on the Carlisle hydraulic pump re-call...........

The service manager from the dealership called me this morning to tell me that Carlisle had screwed up the shipment of the replacement pump last weekend............it was supposed to have arrived at the dealership this past Tuesday but did not. Carlisle has now assured the sevrice manager that the new pump has been shipped and should arrive at the dealership tomorrow morning or Monday morning. If it arrives tomorrow morning, the service manager said he will come into work tomorrow (on his day off) and personally install the unit himself and call me so I can pick up the coach tomorrow afternoon. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

It amazes me that no one in this entire supply chain understands that there is such a mode of shipment as guaranteed next day delivery. If a situation is getting out of control and you are really interested in providing good customer service, you do what is necessary even if that means you sometimes have to eat some costto please the customer. From what I have been told, Carlisle was disclaiming any responsibility for awhile, Redwood RV and Crossroads RV were tossing the ball back and forth for awhile, the dealership did not get the part ordered and shipped correctly and on and on.................. I think Forrest Gumpp once said "Stupid is as stupid does".

New update on the Carlisle hydraulic pump re-call...........

Y E A H !! I finally have atime scheduled for picking up our 36RL from the dealer.Tomorrow, Wednesday afternoon at 1:30 PM. This has been an incredible experience. The latest according to the dealership service manager is that Carlisle and Redwood were going at each other over this recall. Finally the coach is repaired...............just 40 days from the time I dropped it off at the dealership.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #82

Guy and Phyllis: Congratulations again. We have been watching your progress and must admit that your ability to handle that time frame for repair is unbelieveable. Our RL came in yesterday afternoon and one can only hope that all will be well with the major components. Small stuff I can deal with�but jacks are not for me. Good luck you guys!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #83
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
Guy and Phyllis: Congratulations again. We have been watching your progress and must admit that your ability to handle that time frame for repair is unbelieveable. Our RL came in yesterday afternoon and one can only hope that all will be well with the major components. Small stuff I can deal with�but jacks are not for me. Good luck you guys!

The recall was for the Carlisle hydraulic pump and actuatorfor the Kodiak disk brakes not the leveling jacks.

Final update...........

I went to the dealer this afternoon and went through a mini-PDI with the service manager for all the work that I had requestedplus a fewquestionsthat I had come up with since we purchased our coach last fall.I had asked for a few minor items to be done including:

1. Greasing shackle bolts and suspension system.

2.Replacing a broken zerk and greasingall the zerks on the Trailair Tri-glide pin box.

3. Repairingthe awning switch in the basement storage area.

4.Doing the annualinspection to maintain the Redwood warranty.

5.Changing the Winegard satellite antenna from Direct TV mode to Dish TV mode.

6. Washing the the exterior of the coach.

7. And of course the Carlisle pump and actuator.

The technician that worked on the satellite antenna system also labeled all of the antenna/satellite cable jacks in the coach so I now know have those identified which should be a big help.

I asked for further information as to why it took so long. As it turns out, even though the Carlisle pump and acutator were the cause for the recall, Carlisle is refusing to pay for the replacement parts. They are making the RV manufactures that use their product pay for the parts which doesn't seem right to me........don't understand how they can get away with that. Redwood finally had to step up and supply the parts to the dealer. The same thing also happened for DRV-Mobile Suites, another 5th wheel line which this dealer also represents.

Bottom line, because this whole episodetook 40 days to resolve, the dealership did not charge me for any of the work they did, labor or parts. We are happy to have our Redwood back home.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #84

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and planning to order a 36RL in the fall. I've seen a couple of posts about Windish in Colorado, and Corey the sales rep.Two questions: Any experience with the regional sales guy, Doug Richards? Any feedback on the Windish service dept?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Randy
DRaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #85

We did go thru Windish and got our 36RL sooner than we had expected. We did our walk thru and then could not come pick it up for final delivery for 2 weeks and in that 2 weeks we had a few paint issues and nail holes showing thru in the unit on the woodwork. We arrived after almost 2 weeks for the pickup and they had not even started the paint issues for a week and a half and the woodwork had not been touched. They said they did to understand the work order. I still don't understand why they did not ask the walk thru service guy that wrote it down or even call us. We have to take it back for the clear coat because once they did the touch up they have to wait 10 days to apply the clear coat. After showing MUCH disappointment they got someone in to do the touch ups on the nail holes, which came out great. It is just the fact that theylet our unit sit for 2 weeks and I'd not touch it until it was too late. Corey, the service manager, and the sales manager were all very sorry but......... We have talked a few times to Doug and he is very much a sales guy. Brian from Redwood did a great job for us in getting stuff done for us. We had TV trouble and he was great in walking us thru how to fix it and even called us back very quickly.
In helping Corey at Windish, I understand these problems are not his problem but they are if he is to represent Redwood and the service dept at Windish. When we did contact Corey with a few problems after the pickup he did get us in contact with someone that could help with these problems. He even had the correct microwave plate shipped directly to us because the wrong plate was in our unit. I truly think Corey would help us in anyway he can but, as I told him, the service mgr, and the sales mgr, the person that was to stay on the Friday to complete the paint issues and did to should be let go because if they can anger us this much then someone that is already hot about the RV industry not caring then they have real trouble coming their way. Would I buy from Corey at Windiah again, yes, but I would make sure to bug the S H _ _ out of him in the end and to rely on him as much.
We love our unit and am still very glad we bought this unit.
We do have a popping in the rear left when we move in the unit and the clear coat to be resolved in October. they will fix all of this in October even of it means we bring a tent to the show room floor for a few nights.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooksfive
We did go thru Windish and got our 36RL sooner than we had expected. We did our walk thru and then could not come pick it up for final delivery for 2 weeks and in that 2 weeks we had a few paint issues and nail holes showing thru in the unit on the woodwork. We arrived after almost 2 weeks for the pickup and they had not even started the paint issues for a week and a half and the woodwork had not been touched. They said they did to understand the work order. I still don't understand why they did not ask the walk thru service guy that wrote it down or even call us. We have to take it back for the clear coat because once they did the touch up they have to wait 10 days to apply the clear coat. After showing MUCH disappointment they got someone in to do the touch ups on the nail holes, which came out great. It is just the fact that theylet our unit sit for 2 weeks and I'd not touch it until it was too late. Corey, the service manager, and the sales manager were all very sorry but......... We have talked a few times to Doug and he is very much a sales guy. Brian from Redwood did a great job for us in getting stuff done for us. We had TV trouble and he was great in walking us thru how to fix it and even called us back very quickly.
In helping Corey at Windish, I understand these problems are not his problem but they are if he is to represent Redwood and the service dept at Windish. When we did contact Corey with a few problems after the pickup he did get us in contact with someone that could help with these problems. He even had the correct microwave plate shipped directly to us because the wrong plate was in our unit. I truly think Corey would help us in anyway he can but, as I told him, the service mgr, and the sales mgr, the person that was to stay on the Friday to complete the paint issues and did to should be let go because if they can anger us this much then someone that is already hot about the RV industry not caring then they have real trouble coming their way. Would I buy from Corey at Windiah again, yes, but I would make sure to bug the S H _ _ out of him in the end and to rely on him as much.
We love our unit and am still very glad we bought this unit.
We do have a popping in the rear left when we move in the unit and the clear coat to be resolved in October. they will fix all of this in October even of it means we bring a tent to the show room floor for a few nights.
We got ours from windish on 4-24-12.it has been a nightmare. no PDI, NO quality control. there walk through guy Gary did not turn in our punch list. no title. they sent it to a wrong address. our unit has been at a crossroad dealer for 30 days, after windish had it for two days. after it finally gets done at this dealer, it goes to a paint shop, after factory approval. this dealer is a *#@)& joke.

Lillyputz
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #87

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Heck fire man, why spend the night in a tent on the show room floor just move into one of their show units...
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #88

Thanks for the comments, Rooksfive and Lillyputz! We really like the RW product, but the dealer appears to be almost as important as the product. I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaw13
Thanks for the comments, Rooksfive and Lillyputz! We really like the RW product, but the dealer appears to be almost as important as the product. I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences!
Check with the BBB in CO.

Lillyputz
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #90

Our dealer promised the us the moon if we would just purchase our 2012 36RL. We did andthe sales folks did everything they had primised and we hadasked. HOWEVER there was a problem with a largemoveable desk and a recall on our frig. We made an appointment and took the RV in. The shop folks were not ready for our RV. We dropped it off and explored the local area. Late in the day they phoned and all had been repaired.
At home after a 200 mile trip and $50.00 in toll feesNEITHER repair was done properly! A call to our dealer and a week later an independant contractor came to our home and fixed both problems.

As far as the question about your dealer, the sales folks are one/half and the service folks are also one/half of the business. I RECOMEND YOU TEST EACH REPAIR BEFORE REMOVING YOUR RV FROM ANY SERVICE.
In respect for Redwood, they did authorize a service tech to come to our home and paid for all repairs.
Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #91
Site Team

We bought our Redwood34SK from Webster City RV in Webster Ctiy, Iowa. The deal we got on tthe coach was very good. In addition, we were treated very well when we went in to pick it up. The coach was very well prepped, clean, and ready to go. A technician took us all around the outside of the unitexplaining everything as we went. Same on the inside. Even loaned us a vehicleso we could go into town and eat lunch while waiting for the paperwork to finish (Our truck was already hooked to thecoach).We have foundnothing wrong with our Redwood and we love it.They were eager to please. I highly reccomend Webster City RV.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #92

The guys at lifestyle RV in Grain Valley, MO took great care with my delivery last Thursday and Friday
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #93
B&B

We purchased ours at Herman's RV in Walton, NY, a very small dealership. A great place to deal with, Andy is wonderful!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #94

I bought my 36RL from Windish RV in Colorado about a month ago. I have been very pleased with their Sales department and their Service Department.

I did a lot of shopping throughout the western US and Windish gave me the best price.

I flew into Denver to sign the paper work and to complete the walk through. Windish then delivered the trailer to a campground so I could spend the weekend on it to make a punch list of things to repair. Windish then picked up the trailer from the campground, repaired the punch list, then made arrangements forfinal delivery to Utah.

The entire transaction could not have been smoother. Everything was as they said it would be, no surprises. I will buy my nextRV from Windish.
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #95

We also went thru Windish and Corey as our sales person. We just had our unit in for a few problems and they fixed most of them. We have one window problem and it will take 2 months to get a new window. So far pleased with Windish. So very glad you had a great experience with Windish.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #96

Took delivery of our 36rl early October from Lazydays in Tampa, our salesman was Tony Burgess. I sent out our specs to the local dealers and several others along the east coast who'd been recommended here, on forum. Tony spent loads of time on the phone with me answering all my questions. If he didn't know the answer, he checked with the factory rep and got back to me quickly (right away or next day) with answers. Lazydays came in $6500 below the next best deal. Made it well worth our while to drive from VT to FL to pick it up. The only major problem was a leak in the roof at the antenna crank (QC at factory, as usual) -- took them 2 tries, but they got it fixed. Other things wereminor and were taken care of. We were treated like royalty while there: delivery site to stay in (basically for as long as it would take to get everything taken care of and to feel comfortable with our new rig), free breakfast & lunch every day but Sunday, Starbucks coffee in beautiful service waiting room, plus snacks and bottled water mid afternoon,great classes (free), just a generally great experience (even though their price was more than 40% below "list" , we weren't treated at all like "bargain hunters").
Old 10-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman
I bought my 36RL from Windish RV in Colorado about a month ago. I have been very pleased with their Sales department and their Service Department.

I did a lot of shopping throughout the western US and Windish gave me the best price.

I flew into Denver to sign the paper work and to complete the walk through. Windish then delivered the trailer to a campground so I could spend the weekend on it to make a punch list of things to repair. Windish then picked up the trailer from the campground, repaired the punch list, then made arrangements forfinal delivery to Utah.

The entire transaction could not have been smoother. Everything was as they said it would be, no surprises. I will buy my nextRV from Windish.
Maybewindish finale came around to doing a PDI and QC, before turning it loose on a customer. I would not buy a dog house from them.

LillyputzEdited by: lillyputz
Old 11-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #98

I know this posted wasa while back, but just want to let everyone know that some of the Explore USA dealerships are good.We deal with Explore USA in Canton. They have been great. We bought our 36RL from David LeFlore. He is just a good oldEast Texasboythat does not pressure you, but does stay in contact just enough. He is the best salesperson and they really got right with us on our unit.

We nowhave it in for some warranty work and they have been very good to keep us informed and to help us get everything done. They even recommended some things that we had not thought of when we brought it in that probably needed to be checked. We had some issues that we got Brian involved in before we took it in for service and he has also been great. He was very good about making us feel like we were the only ones he was dealing with, and I know that was not the case. I hope Redwood knows what they have in him.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Canton Explore USA have been really good to us. Especially David LeFore.

Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #99

KR 2011, the boss and I are interested in the FL plan and haven't seen a real one yet. Webster City had one and have not located another to look at. Are you still around Indy?
Thanks hklez
hklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #100

We purchased our RW34SK from Lazydays in Tucson, AZ. Our salesman was Ron Hendrickson and he did an outstanding job working with us. Lazydays had this unit in their inventory so we did not have to wait for factory delivery. Our delevery date was delayed by three days due to problems found during Lazydays inspections. They gave us free parking in their campground and pulled our old unit nest to the RW34SK so we cound transfer our belongings. We stayed at Laydays five nights and really checked things out. Many warranty items were taken care of while we were there. A few Items had to be ordered from the factory and will be installed when they arrive. We left our unit at Lazydays so they could continue the repairs. All in all I would highly recommend Lazydays and all their personnel.