Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #1

I've been reading posts quite a bit & haven't seen anything posted with questions/comments about the furniture in our Redwoods. We love everything about our 34SK, but have a question about the recliner chairs: when we put up the foot rests on the recliners, they only go up about 1/3 to 1/2 and we find that uncomfortable. Does anyone else have that problem? When we've had recliner chairs in the past, the foot rests came out further. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytfl
I've been reading posts quite a bit & haven't seen anything posted with questions/comments about the furniture in our Redwoods. We love everything about our 34SK, but have a question about the recliner chairs: when we put up the foot rests on the recliners, they only go up about 1/3 to 1/2 and we find that uncomfortable. Does anyone else have that problem? When we've had recliner chairs in the past, the foot rests came out further. Thanks!

We have not had any problem with our recliners. The foot rest on both chairs come up all the way to horizontal position. I dont't know if the bottom of the chair is enclosed. If not, you might try turning one up side down or on its sideto look at the mechanism.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #3

timmytfl--
Our recliners are like yours. They do not come up as much as we'd like it to and they do not recline as much as we would like. The footrest hurts the back of DW heel because it's not padded enough. We finally went to LazyBoy last weekend and got a really nice swivel rocker leather recliner that has lots of padding for the feet and reclines a lot farther back. Now she's a happy camper again!!

'12 Ford F350 SD Fx4
fdmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #4

Thanks for the info! I think in time the current chairs will get replaced. We turned one over & no sign of any adjustment to make the leg rest go up any further. At home we have the Ekornes Scandinavian stressless chairs, which are so comfortable & will fit very nicely in our Redwood.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
par

This is somewhat surprising, RVs listed at over $100,000 and at least 2 of you are changing the recliners, anybody know why Redwood is not involved in this???
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #6

We were thinking the same thing. I have a stressless chair and nothing on the RV sceen compares. We are waiting for delivery next week and when those chairs fail we will repace them. And yes it's ashamed that the smoke and mirrors of the RV industry has gone to the stock holders bottom line. But with that said I can't wait to get into the new rig. "Redwood Please Don"t Fail Us Now!!"
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #7

Ok. Chairs not good. Call Redwood. They will fix or they should. Residential furniture. On your residential RV.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #8

Note to everyone who is picking up their unit soon, check out the chairs on your PDI.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #9

OK, my observation. They are suppose to be Wall Huggers, BUT to get them to fully recline they must be pulled out further from the wall. With them next to the wall, they will recline, but as noted, only part way. To fully recline ours have to be pulled out, don't remember exactly how much from the wall, try that and see what happens.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #10

We kept our recliners from the start. Didn't think much of it, just knew ours were much nicer.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #11

I've got a 38BR and love it, but the two chairs are not up to par. I too will be changing them out.
PugBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Move them away from wall, pull on the lever, press on footrest and pushback on the arms at the same time...These chairs are really really stiff but they will loosen up and be comfortable.

Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #13

I have a 2012 38BR and the two recliners are horrible. I just left Lazy Boy and got two recliners to replace them. I still love my RW!
PugBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #14

We ended up replacing ours also with Lazy Boys back in June and love them - also still love our RW also!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #15

Has anyone used the blow-up mattress that comes as an option? We used ours one night last week for the first time & was a crazy experience! It took a very long time to pump up the mattress with the pump provided. Plus, it didn't fit very well on the sofa. Our guests were good sports & we laughed a lot, but agreed it would be a real hassle to use very much. Now Tim is thinking wife Ginny may have been right when she wanted the sleeper sofa when we ordered our RW!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #16

We used the one in our 36FL when my mother came for a visit and it does take a loooong time to inflate and deflate. We bought a twin size inflatable to use instead.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytfl
Has anyone used the blow-up mattress that comes as an option? We used ours one night last week for the first time & was a crazy experience! It took a very long time to pump up the mattress with the pump provided. Plus, it didn't fit very well on the sofa. Our guests were good sports & we laughed a lot, but agreed it would be a real hassle to use very much. Now Tim is thinking wife Ginny may have been right when she wanted the sleeper sofa when we ordered our RW!!!

We ordered the memory foam sleeper, for that exact reason and sooner than later it will leak. the memory foam sleeper is very comfy.

Lillyputz
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #18

You're right John. The sleeper sofa is comfortable, but the inconvenience and discomfort of the blow up mattress can be beneficial if your mother-in-law starts enjoying your RL a little too much - if you catch my drift.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Site Team

The memory foam mattress is fun on the floor in front of the fireplace after a few glasses of wine and a little cuddling.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #20

OH DAVE!!