Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #21

you have to have the image on a host site, either your own website or a picture hosting site, then you'll include a link to the picture. Then you bracket the link with the image BBcode.
Step 1: Find the image you want for your post, right click on the image and select "copy image url"
Step 2: In you post, place the cursor where you want the image to appear.
Step 3: Type the following: [img]paste-image-url-here[/img]
That's it!
When you type the BBcode there are no spaces and the "Enable BBcodes" box must be checked before you click "post reply"
It's hard to explain it here so if you need more help send me a message and we'll go through it together.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #22

thanks, I will give it a try. If I screw it up I will send you a private message for more help
thanks again
John
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #23

I have a "Please Help" question. I am doing some precoach shopping. I would like to purchase BAL chocks and have no idea what the distance is between G rated tires. If one of you with G's could help I would appreciate it greatly. Only want to do this once. Thank fellow Redwooders!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #24

They come with a reversible wrench. Put the chock in between the tires and expand the X chock with the wrench snugging the two tires. Do this before unhooking the hitch to keep the RV from moving .Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #25

The BAL X-Chocks should work fine, that's what we currently have with our Montana and we went from the "E" rated Marathons to the "G" rated G614s with no problem. The X-Chocks adjust to fit a pretty big range.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #26

Save your money until you know whether or not you them with your Redwood? Ours is pretty stable without them.

Chocking the wheels is never a bad idea but any chocks or a couple bricks will work for that.Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 04-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
I have a "Please Help" question. I am doing some precoach shopping. I would like to purchase BAL chocks and have no idea what the distance is between G rated tires. If one of you with G's could help I would appreciate it greatly. Only want to do this once. Thank fellow Redwooders!

I measured the spacing between the G614tires on my 36RL and it appears to be 3 1/8 inches.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #28

Thank you Guy and Phyllis for the wheel info. Today we went to the dealer who has an RL there E tires measured 5.25" between. Big difference when you think diameter.Now here is another question they have the lights on all the time and we found that several bulbs had burned out. Yep Anyway one of you mentioned and I can not find the piece on LED replacement bubs, I found some on amazon that have two tines and are for rv's. But with the cost I want to order the right ones. We want to replace all the ones in reading areas, over the bed, chairs, couch and stove at first. Thank you all for your help.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you Guy and Phyllis for the wheel info. Today we went to the dealer who has an RL there E tires measured 5.25" between. Big difference when you think diameter.Now here is another question they have the lights on all the time and we found that several bulbs had burned out. Yep Anyway one of you mentioned and I can not find the piece on LED replacement bubs, I found some on amazon that have two tines and are for rv's. But with the cost I want to order the right ones. We want to replace all the ones in reading areas, over the bed, chairs, couch and stove at first. Thank you all for your help.

With the high power (300 and 500 watt) lamps, you dare nottouch the lamps with yourbare fingers as the oils on your skill will cause hot spots on the lamps causing premature failure. I have limited experience with 12 volt halogen lamps, but, I am wondering if a similar issue exists. I plan to replace the lamps at least once taking care when installing the lamp not to touch the bulb using dry tissue paper to hold the bulb. If you do touch it, use an alchol swab to thouroughly clean it before installing.

The lamps themselves appear to be 10and 20 watt (12 volt) G4 bases. The main advantage of the LED lamps is cooler operation, less current draw and somewhat longer life (they don't last forever). The main disadvantage is price as they appear to be in the range of $15. to $24. depending on the vendor. You do have to watch for the light output level (lumens). They are not all the same from vendor to vendor.You can by 2, 20 watt G4 halogen lamps for $6. to $7.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #30

Guy&amp;Phyllis</span>

Have you found any sites on line other than starlight that sells these led bulbs.</span>
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #31

We bought 50 WLED-5X LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Blubs in warm white from:

Superbrightleds.com

Cost was $3.94 each. Have yet to install them as our rig is having some warranty work being done so we don't know what they look like.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
Save your money until you know whether or not you them with your Redwood? Ours is pretty stable without them.

Chocking the wheels is never a bad idea but any chocks or a couple bricks will work for that.

While the coach is leveling itself the chocks fall out even when I have them very tight. So I agree with TravelinAnderson...save your money. With the landing gear down...unlike other trailers, the Redwood stays put due to having 6 legs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Guy&amp;Phyllis

Have you found any sites on line other than starlight that sells these led bulbs.
Some one else posted this for leds. two penny publications prudent rver 512-632-4626. they said the leds they bought were $12.98 each. I have not checked this out yet.

Lillyputz
Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #34

Thanks. I'm not sure if a wedge shape bulb will fit in the coach I looked at yesterday. It looks like a wedge but with two small prongs or tines extending out about 1/4". Let me know if yours works.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #35

I posted the message about the LED replacement bulbs. Prudent RVer has two kinds one for 12.98 and one for 17. 98 (this number may not be correct) one is more bright than the other. The replacement bulbs for the ceiling and under counter lights for the round "puck" fixure are two pronged round LED replacements. They work quite well.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #36

Thank you John and Sam. The Prudent Rver has a good selection as well as descriptions.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #37

Don't pay your balance due until you do the complete PDI. Some dealers (not all) will work harder in getting things done if they don't have your money yet. Inspect any options the dealer installed as well.

After 6 PDI's in six years (yeah I know!) the main lesson I've learned is to operate everything yourself front to back and inside out. Don't let the dealer tech or salesmen do it because you'll likely be rushed. Operating everything yourself gives you a good learning experience and offers you a chance to ask plenty of questions. Doesn't hurt to take notes and in the first week have a contact at the dealer that you can reach pronto (cell phone at home is good) with the dozen or so questions you'll likely have.

Finally, we like to stay near the dealer for two or three nights to see if we can discover any gremlins. 50% of the time we've have issues that needed attention including a door on an Airstream that would not unlock (dealer replaced the lock at our campsite so we could get back into our animals).

Enjoy your Redwood. The quality is likely better than most RV's and the factory has been good to us with warranty issues thus far.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #38

Dave I posted one, search under coljdm and it should be listed
Old 04-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
Site Team

I finally found a problem with my rig and it sounds like the dealer is going to stand behind it. This proves there are good dealers out there even though they gave me a good deal.

I tried to do some laundry today for the first time and realized that the water wouldrun into my washer. After being on the phone with them we tried to figure out what the problem was. It turns out that when I run the bedroom slide in a few inches the water flows. This means the water lines must be kinked with the slide out. They're working with the factory to figure out where the lines could be kinked at.

This will determine if I have a good dealer or not. Anybody can be a good dealer if everything is going well, it's when there's problems that you really figure out who's a good dealer. So far my dealer is doing their job even though this is a factory error. I hope they get something figured out because I'm 7 hours away from them.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #40

A note to all:
If you're full time, or just traveling, and are too far from a Redwood dealership you can get warranty work done by any authorized Crossroads RV Service Center. I just had work done on my 36FL at Tom Johnson's RV in Marion, N.C. because there were no Redwood dealers around. I got authorization from Brian Emmons prior to getting the work done. He's the one that told me about using Crossroads service centers.
Here's a link you may want to bookmark just case:
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/buyers/service_center.asp