Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

Hello everyone I am a Newbie here hope I a doing this right was wondering about the flush system on the blackwater tank have made dump of tank hooked up hose to flush but no water going into tank after hours of searching found a vacuum breaker valve under bathroom sink would it be possible for this valve installed backwards from manufacture or am I doing something else wrong any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #2

Vern,

How did you decide it wasn't going in? I can't always hear mine,

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #3

Hello Atom ant nothing coming out of sewer hose when turned water on to flush could here air moving along line then nothing stood at end of drain to see if anything was coming out nothing
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #4

Hmmm - is the vacuum breaker clear plastic (I haven't seen mine but it was on my old rig). If so, I wonder if you could see if the water is stopping there, or passing through, or maybe not even getting there.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #5

No it is black took apart to see if any junk in it cleaned ball and put spring and ball back in will try again on next dump just wanted to know if I was missing something on procedure as no instructions or troubleshooting guide if does not work will flip around breaker valve
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #6

I seem to be having the same problem from time to time. Took it to Explore USA in Mesquite and it drained properly. I can't hear any water going in but I can see it coming out because I have a clear sewer extension. I'm still not sure it's working right but it does flush addition stuff out.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #7

If your regular dump goes well there should be no vaccum holding your flush. I turn my flush water on first then pull the handle and it works well. After initial dump I close the valve and continue to run water in through the flush hose for one minute and dump again. I do this a few times until it comes out clear on my clear 6" extension. If your water is not coming out then, there may be a problem on the water "in" side. Do you have a line screen that is plugged? Take a peak in the filter door with a flash light to see is the line is OK. GOOD LUCK. The flush on the black tank is a very handy feature that we have always had on our rigs.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

The vacuum breaker shouldn't have anything to do with dumping the black tank. I agree with Tobys Home that it must be on the water in side. All the flush valves I have had anything to do with are a line from the flush hookup, to the flush nozzle in the tank. Some of them have an anti-siphon valve, or a check valve in the line to prevent the possibility of the stuff in the black tank getting into the water system. That is the only thing that should be in the line. Check through the access door in the basement and see if you can see a possible problem.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #9

I had the issue, only the water would shoot out a couple feet when I turned off the water and removed the hose. I ended up cutting the valve out, checked the arrow put the plunger back in and took a couple stink bugs out. The valve wasn't letting water through and was leaking. I ended up using plumbing push connects to put the valve back in. Has worked great since. Really difficult to get to that valve under the sink.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame
The vacuum breaker shouldn't have anything to do with dumping the black tank. I agree with Tobys Home that it must be on the water in side. All the flush valves I have had anything to do with are a line from the flush hookup, to the flush nozzle in the tank. Some of them have an anti-siphon valve, or a check valve in the line to prevent the possibility of the stuff in the black tank getting into the water system. That is the only thing that should be in the line. Check through the access door in the basement and see if you can see a possible problem.
I believe what he is calling the vacuum breaker is what you are calling the anti-siphon. Anti-siphon is probably the correct term but I don't know for sure.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #11

Thanks for the info everyone might have had wrong term for valve did dump this morning and flush things worked out fine thanks again for all the info