Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2022, 12:47 AM   #1

Need advice restoring a 2013 36 foot rear living

My wife and I bought a RD36RL from coparts. It had a fire in the refrigerator area. Somewhere between the fire and our purchase some parts disappeared.
The propane regulator on the driverside is missing. Just two hoses. Not sure where the smaller one goes.
The cover for the hot water heater is missing. Is the red or burgundy painted cover available?
Reading through postings has helped immensely! To get power back on for repair I'm going to just isolate wires left from area where fridge was.
Cleaning smoke damage may prove interesting. Any advice?
This is not the first elephant i have eaten..... one bite at a time.
Hawntiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 01:35 AM   #2

Can't be much help, but just so you know, while it's a 36RL it is actually 40'4" long. The model numbers have nothing to do with it's length.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:29 AM   #3

I guess that would go a long way towards explaining why its sticking out into our driveway. I measured for 36'.....
Thank you!
Old 05-14-2022, 04:46 PM   #4

We have the same year and model as you have. I am including two pictures from the roadside regulator. Picture 1 is a close up, the right top connection goes to the propane cylinder on the roadside, the bottom connection goes down and back to provide propane to the fridge, water heater, furnace and stove, you will note that there are adapters as the connection to the regulator has a different thread size than the propane line to the cylinder. Picture 2 shows the left top connection, that goes to the line that goes underneath to the curbside propane cylinder. The black dial selects the cylinder you are feeding from, curbside or roadside, the center position feeds from both, if you are feeding from one side and the cylinder empties the regulator starts feeding from the other side and the window below the dial goes red to tell you that the cylinder is empty.

I recall that the fires were caused by refrigerant leaking and then catching fire when running on propane, I believe (from memory) that there was some form of a recall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 1.jpg (161.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg picture 2.jpg (173.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #5

Many thanks! I know what I am looking for now. I have found a lot of the interior plastic on trekwood. I'll start there.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawntiki View Post
Many thanks! I know what I am looking for now. I have found a lot of the interior plastic on trekwood. I'll start there.
If you've previously ordered from Trekwood you already know, but for those that haven't ordered from them IMO their shipping charges are ridiculously high. Even at today's gas prices it may be cheaper to go to them to pick it up.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:37 AM   #7

Smoke

To clean the smoke smell use Professional Grade Ozone Generator Ionizer
See Odor stop store on Amazon
dstock66 is offline   Reply With Quote