Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2024, 08:32 PM   #1

Lippert Level up system replacement Jack

Hi, we have a 2015 Crossroads 38RL. It is our winter home in Florida. We will never move it. One of the middle jacks has decided to leak. I will have a repair guy replace it. I might do it myself. but the price of the jack itself makes me think I want a professional job.
Afterwards I will block the RV up with concrete blocks. Thinking four places on sides eight all together. Blocking near the Leveler's jacks and as far back as posible. Has anyone done this?
eikaun@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 09:49 PM   #2

try to retract the jack ( assuming its just a slight leak) putting a large stack of wood under the jack foot and re auto leveling it again. I had a jack leg that the foot was wet with oil after a week or two . retracted the jack legs, put blocks of cribbing under the leg for the next two weeks it didn't leak. It may save some money in the long run to have the jack legs as short as possible and it make the trailer more stable in the wind.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:02 PM   #3

Thanks. It is a smallish leak. I have zipped wrapped a paper towel around the shaft. It needs to be done daily though.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:17 AM   #4

I also had a smallish leak on a cylinder , I lowered the ram, soaked the ram with WD40 and sprayed up towards the orange as well... I then ran the rams up and down 2-3 times, spraying them after each... That corrected my problem...

Was told sometimes the little orange gets a bit dried out, or catches a small piece of debris, this cleaned it enough to stop the small leak.

Good Luck - Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:30 PM   #5

Since you don't plan to move your RW. I would get it all well blocked up and then retract all the jacks and not worry about. Why spend money on something you're not using.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:42 PM   #6

I did the same, the only difference is I made sure to fill the fluid level up first. I’m not sure getting fresh fluid may have helped but it’s stopped leaking. Ours is used through out the year. Stored in the winter then traveling during spring break, summer, Labor Day etc.

Good luck, some claim there are two O rings in there that need replacing but I’m with you I’ll have someone fix it.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:25 AM   #7

Thanks, LCI Manual

I now have the Redwood blocked up. Since it was suggested to try and retract the jacks a few times. I could use some instructions on how to do this. I do not have the manual and being a newbie I am a bit worried about it.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:35 AM   #8

Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikaun@gmail.com View Post
I now have the Redwood blocked up. Since it was suggested to try and retract the jacks a few times. I could use some instructions on how to do this. I do not have the manual and being a newbie I am a bit worried about it.
https://www.crossroadsrv.com/media/3...ood-owners.pdf

Here is the manual it won’t be much help but thete are phone numbers for all the companies in it like lippert.

https://youtu.be/gMStlSAv9D4?feature=shared
Old 03-25-2024, 02:35 PM   #9

Chicken

Well, I did not raise or lower the jack. I guess not knowing I am a bit chicken. I can't seem to get anyone to come out and replace. I did, however, add a quart of Fork Oil to the hydraulic reservoir. That was 3 days ago. Since then, the leak has stopped. Weird right? The fluid level is a little less than half full, but I think I should not add any. Being that the Redwood is blocked. We will be leaving Florida and the Redwood behind in the next couple of weeks. I hate to come back next November to find a puddle. What do you folks think?
Old 03-25-2024, 08:51 PM   #10

cycle them up and down. it's unlikely the minor leak is going to get worse..
Old 03-25-2024, 09:55 PM   #11

I still stand behind my earlier post. With the RW blocked up, retract all jacks and leave them up. When ready to leave, just retract the slides, set the humistat or set out the damp rid and leave.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote