Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
Site Team

Mine almost got better than that ~ we were set up in a site and I thought the front was a bit low . Instead of simply using a level and hitting the front jacks only a little bit, I hit the Auto Level. My truck was backed in just in front of the coach. When it started down I about crapped myself. Front of coach missed tailgate by about an inch and a half and stopped about 3 inches above the bumper.

Neighbor was laughing his butt off. I went over and demanded to know what he thought was so funny. His comment "I've done the same thing with my DRV, only my truck was further under. Made for a really interesting call to insurance company".

I figured I was REALLY lucky ........
Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I agree with Dan. Less stress on the operation of the slides if leveled first. I do have a question though.......When you are set up and you feel the need to re-level do you have to do it manually or can you simply hit auto-level again?
When it rains a lot, I often retract the rear jacks then raise the front end of the coach to dump the water off the slide toppers. After that I re-power up the auto level control panel and select auto-level. I did that several times while in Florida this winter without any issues.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Mine almost got better than that ~ we were set up in a site and I thought the front was a bit low . Instead of simply using a level and hitting the front jacks only a little bit, I hit the Auto Level. My truck was backed in just in front of the coach. When it started down I about crapped myself. Front of coach missed tailgate by about an inch and a half and stopped about 3 inches above the bumper.

Neighbor was laughing his butt off. I went over and demanded to know what he thought was so funny. His comment "I've done the same thing with my DRV, only my truck was further under. Made for a really interesting call to insurance company".

I feel your pain!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #24

Thanks for the laugh, Of course I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #25

auto level

I unhitched and moved my truck forward about a few feet and then pushed the auto level button. It started coming down and I stopped the RV about two inches from my truck. I used the manual level. I thought something was wrong with my auto level then that night I thought that maybe the auto level brings the rig quite low and then starts to level. I hope this is the case. Can someone help me with this? What is the process of the auto level? It was only my second time out so I am learning.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post

gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #26

You got it !
first thing it does is drop the nose down - and sometimes LOW to find a baseline..
then it starts bouncing around to make it all good !

here are a lot of online stuff regarding it:
https://www.google.com/search?q=leve...x-a&channel=sb
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #27

Yepper, before hitting "Auto Level" make darn sure your TV and anything else is out of the way.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #28

They lurch around kind of like a flight simulator
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote