Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 01:33 AM   #1

Inverter fault

Stopping for the night and the inverter reads fault no comm. Also our Samsung refrigerator is off and there is a black film where the doors engage at the top, like something burned? Any help is greatly appreciated. It is a 2014 Redwood 36- FB
Lynn Yeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #2

you could try to power the DC and the AC parts of the coach off at the same time ,leave it off for 10 seconds and power the AC side up first then the DC. If the inverter has failed you could just splice the AC feed in and out together . There is also a small breaker on the face of the inverter , I think its 10 amps. Not sure where your inverter is but ours is on the top shelf of the basement pass though .
Old 11-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #3

Inverter fault

I had my inverter burn up over a year ago. The only thing I could figure it did was feed a trickel charge to the refrigerator when not on shore power. The refrigerator power runs thru the inverter so when it's off, no power to the refrigerator! I removed the inverter and connected the input 120 volt input to the output. Now I have power to the refrigerator when plugged into shore power. I haven't had any problems with thawing of food in freezer when on the road. Besides those inverters are expensive. Hope this helps.
bgartner is offline   Reply With Quote