Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2023, 02:05 PM   #1

Forward Slide Roller Indenting Floor

Hello Members
We are full time RVers and travel in a 2019 Redwood 3941 FL forward living room with Moryde independent suspension and disc brakes. During my inspection of the unit prior to the next leg of our trip I noticed a problem with forward slide floor on the passenger side.

The slide is a cable system and has three rollers to support the slide. When I inspected the underbelly of the slide, I noticed an indent to the floor of the slide where the front roller rests when the slide is closed. I think the damage occurred when we were traveling through construction sites and the slide may have bounced causing the damage. I constantly check the caulking of the seams so I am positive no water has infiltrated and weakened the wood.

I am open to any ideas someone may have on how to fix this without taking the slide apart. I am thinking of supporting the floor by securing a piece of metal or heavy Delrin plastic over the indent of the wood. IDEAS Welcomed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D7K_4795.jpg (84.5 KB, 19 views)
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:12 PM   #2

While at the rally Paul Newman pointed out the same issue in one of his slide. We really couldn't determine a cause. I suggest you reach out to Paul as he is an expert in coming up with 'out of the box' ways of correcting issues.

Bob & Judy
2017 38RL
..Slide-n-Slide..Triple A/C
..MorRyde IS..Disc Brakes..Sailun 17.5" H rated tires
2016 F-350 DRW TD
..Air-Lift 5000 w/Wireless One
BobJudy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 03:52 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. Can you send me Paul’s contact info
Tom
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:58 AM   #4

You need to absolutely rule out there is no water intrusion. If water gets in it can't get out.