Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #1

We have the Winegard Trav'ler 1000 which is a roof mounted, fully automatic satellite dish for Dish Network and Bell TV.

We are Dish Network subscribers and receive our signals from satellites 110°W, 119°W and 129°W. This works great when we are in an open campsite with no trees or buildings in the way. However there are times when we don't get a clear view of all the satellites and we only receive signals from one or two of the satellites. When this happens it's good to know which stations are broadcast by each particular satellite. Otherwise it can be very frustrating trying to find a channel that is not being blocked by some obstruction.

I called Dish Network but they don't have such a list for their subscribers so I did some searching on the internet and found the listing on the Satellite Guys website.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/...h&sub=true

Now if I can only receive signals from one or two satellites I can refer to the guide for those particular satellites and know which channels I have access to. It's been a time saver and has enabled a kinder, gentler language to be heard in our Redwood.

I didn't see a similar listing for Direct TV but I will look further and if I am successful I will post the link in this thread.

For those of you that have your dish mounted to a tripod and want an easy guide for pointing your dish, here's a link to help with that -http://www.dishpointer.com
They also have links for smartphone apps there. One is a really cool augmented reality satellite finder that helps you visually "see" the location of the satellites when you point your smartphone skyward.

Enjoy

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #2

Boy, these are really great tools to have! Thanks!! I only wish I had them a few weeks ago when I was having trouble getting some of my channels to come in. Thanks again for sharing.

Charlie
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Site Team

For those of you with smart phones there is a great app for determining if you have clear access to the satelites. It is called "Dishpro". For my Android phone it was $20(May be cheaper for Iphone). It shows you the location of the satelites thru your camera thus showing obstacles that you can plan around.
Blenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote