Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #1

Does anybody know how to turn on the vacuum with out activating the kick plate so suction is only on the hose?Edited by: Lawr&Moe
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #2

I think you just plug the hose in and the vacume activates, I'm not sure decause my wife handles that part.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #3

Thanks, can anyone else confirm this as mine does not activate with the hose - I'll add it to my list.
Thanks, Lawr
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

Ha Ha Bryan.

The central vac and the kick plate are separate devices. You can use the vac without the kick plate. and visa-versa. If your kick plate is open all the time, the vaccum would be running all the time. You should have to push down the lever to open the kickplate, which starts the vaccum. Otherwise, only the central vac starts when you insert the hose. If different for you, you need service on it.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #5

Our vacuum activates when you plug the hose in or open the floor plate. If yours doesn't I'd check the breakers/fuses. Also, the vacuum bag isn't installed from the factory so if your dealer didn't install it during the prep you will have to. I discovered it the hard way.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #6

Steve ours works the same way as yours you just plug the hose in and the vacuum starts up.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #7

Another trip under the stairs! They must have missed connecting the contacts as ours does nothing when you push in the hose. Thanks for all your replies.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #8

One problem I had was I did not plug the hose into the socket far enough. There is a metal foil strip
around the outside of the hose end.The hose end needs to be pushed in far enough where this strip
contacts the inner strip to turn the vacuum on.

I hope your issue would be this simple...... I hope this is helpful.....
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #9

Also, since the dealer did not install the bag, check the water filter. Be sure all water pump switches are off. I didn't realize the switch was on at the out side service cabinet. I opened the filter and got a little surprise.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #10

I can't push in the hose further. They failed to connect the hose to the kick plate (I already fixed that one) so I'll guess they missed connecting the other connections! Good thing about this forum, I already knew that I needed to install the bag & filter.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawr&Moe
I can't push in the hose further. They failed to connect the hose to the kick plate (I already fixed that one) so I'll guess they missed connecting the other connections! Good thing about this forum, I already knew that I needed to install the bag & filter.
My dealer made a big deal about the bag and filter. They said I had a spare water filter and I asked them point blank if they did install the water filter. They said absolutely and then they opened the Dirt Devil to show me that it was in there.

Today after camping for over a month I thought I'd check the water filter because we seemed to be loosing water pressure. Well, I can say for sure it wasn't a faulty water filter because the damn thing wasn't there Unfortunately I forgot the golden rule......trust is earned, never give what isn't earned.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #12

Ha Ha, that's what I reported a month ago.

The PDI rule of thumb should be... If you see a water filter in your documentation, you will be installing it yourself!
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #13

That's what I just said. Check both. Vac bag and water filter. Neither were installed on my unit. And for ease of opening, put the vac cover on upside down.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #14

Dave thanks for the heads up on the trust level. I do remember however that when we picked up our last coach I found that I had to remove and clean all sink faucet filters/airators. They all contaoned tiny bits of plastic from the water tank. Easy fix. We went right into dry camping mode. There was also a small strainer on the water pump. Good luck with your water pressure.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
Site Team

Thanks, I'll check that too

Old 05-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #16

Dave, I bought one of the more expensive brass in-line pressure regulators and put it on at our first outing with city water. Later, we were shocked at how low the water pressure was and showering was almost laughable. Tracing back, it wasn't the pressure that was low, but the volume. Now, after I use it to check the inlet pressureat the campground, I remove it and throw it in the toolbox. Everything works fine like it should. If you have one, take it out for a test run.