Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #1

Any one had problems with Redwood's auto level system. Occassionally we hear a loud thunk from the system.
bobmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Click on this link for more on the noisey Level Up system....
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center ="tableBorder"><T>
<T>
<TR ="oddTableRow">
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD>

Level Up System makes "popping" sounds
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE> Edited by: Grandpa
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #3

Mine is giving me a few issues. I cannot get the system to level the coach from side to side and front to back. I've also noticed that just walking around the coach there seems to be a lot of vibration and movement. I expected the coach to be very solid and firm when getting my new coach with the level up system, but so far that is not the case.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #4

Enroute have you tried to recalibrate level? You can do this by going into manual mode. Push the enter button till you see manual then you can operate the jack separate front to back and side to side. Take a 2 foot or more level and place it on the floor get level side to side then do front to back. once you have it level then you turn it off and push the scroll up button 10 times and the scroll down button 10 times. You should then here a beep that lets you know that the new setting took place. I had to do this after the first night. Double check the manual about this. Its been a few week but it's really simple to reset level. This might also stabilize it for you.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #5

1) I have had a few issues with my leveling system, including popping sounds, and failure to retract. Of course these problems happen on a Sunday when no one is available to help. I have worked with hydraulic equipment for 30 years, and anytime there are big temperature differences, there is expansion or contraction of the hydraulic fluid. I attribute the popping sounds to the temperature change, and the metal expanding or contracting within the hydraulic cylinder and echoing off the frame rails. To me it isn't a big deal, nor a sign of a problem.
2) Getting stuck without being able to retract the landing gear IS a big deal though. Reading the Lippert manual to over ride the system isn't real clear, but a google search will get you a better picture and idea how to use an electric drill to run the motor. An easier way is to reverse the yellow and green wires on the solenoid mounted on the wall above the batteries. It also reverses the controls so that down is up/up is down. A new ECU was installed and fixed the problem.
3) While I am logged in: I required 2 more coax cables from my traveler satellite dish to my TV's so I could have PVR's. I removed the skylight in the bathroom, and found that I could drill a hole in the roof and fish the cables down the wall into the mechanical bay pretty easily. From there I just connected to wires already in place. 4 wires from factory would be a much better way, but had to work with what I had.
4) One other suggestion is to check all your outside seams to make sure that they were caulked properly. The factory had missed about 2 " on the front cap, and we had some rain get in, but we caught it before any damage occurred.
We have 60 nights in our coach since April, and other than these things it has been great.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #6

I've been experiencing some ongoing issues with my level up system. My control will shut down when retracting. I really believe the 10 amp fuse is under rated. I installed a self reset 10 amp fuse but it will reset itself a couple of times when retracting. I've also experienced fluid leaks in the front jacks when extended more than halfway. I noticed on my last trip that about 2/3 thirds of my front cap on one side is not caulked. Owners may want to check their front cap caulking.