Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 10:56 PM   #1

Roof

Fixing to bring our 2012 31sl out of winter storage and I know I seen it on here somewhere....gonna wash it roof and all what protectant can be applied to the roof membrane??
katy4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #2

I use Dicor Rubber Roof cleaner and Dicor Rubber Roof protect, I usually spray cleaner on in a roof section defined by roof bracing, use a sponge mop to agitate cleaner on the surface, then use a pressure washer to rinse roof section off and work from front to rear. I have used a hose, but found the pressure washer with proper spray tip works best.
I usually apply two coats of protectant late in evening usually two evenings when roof has dried and sun is going down in the sky.
Also look at caulking at that time, its a good time to clean caulk with mineral spirits and seal any cracks or anything that may look like a potential problem, I use a self leveling caulk also made by Dicor.
That's my two cents worth, others may have different ideas, but most important thing is have someone on the ground while you are up there, and watch where you step, always being aware of your surroundings, it not the fall that will get you, but the sudden stop.
BE SAFE.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #3

Thank You very much...
Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #4

Not to hijack the thread, but we get our new roof next week, RVArmor. Hope it is as good as I hear.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #5

That Dicor cleaner shined it up like a new dollar and have coat of protectant on it now thank you very much for info.....
Old 05-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #6

Glad to hear everything went as planned.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #7

Roof

I am an R V Armor installer and a Redwood owner. Reading the posts about roofs prompted me to comment. My Redwood is a 2016 and I am going to apply the RV Armor system I have that much confidence in it. The time to do it is before you have leaks to avoid damage to the rig. I hope you love your new roof.

Sincerely
Lew Bacchieri
Lew Bacchieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #8

I'm not advocating anyone's idea of how to maintain a roof, (much of it is common sense) however; to my knowledge, RW uses Alpha LLC superflex membrane for it's roof system. Here's a YouTube link that might prove helpful regarding their tips in cleaning.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but we get our new roof next week, RVArmor. Hope it is as good as I hear.
We had RVRoof Armor on our roof since 2014 and it has performed in an outstanding manner. RVRoof.Com in Green Cove Springs, FL installed the roof, matched the full body paint and has since re-installed 2 antennas that we ripped off due to low hanging wires/tree branches during our travels (we have over 100K miles on our 2012 36FL). Maintenance is washing with Mcquires car wash about every 2-3 months. Highly Recommend this type roof.