Old 08-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #51

Depends on the truck! Some brands have the headlights aimed too high empty, then sag the rear 3-5" you can forget driving after dark, unless you're squirrel hunting.
The RW on my GMC just levels the truck. I did add the Timbren bump stops to keep it off the overload springs when empty, which helped some.

Danny & Linda
Fulltimers since 2008
2013 Denali 3500 drw 4x4 d/a
2013 RW 36 FB black & tan (FOR SALE)
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #52

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I run Firestone bags on mine. Truck only sags 1 1/2"
With 4000 lb pin weight. They help smoothen the rebound coming off the overloads on bridge expansion joints. Usually run 45lbs when towing
Old 08-04-2018, 01:33 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I run Firestone bags on mine. Truck only sags 1 1/2"
With 4000 lb pin weight. They help smoothen the rebound coming off the overloads on bridge expansion joints. Usually run 45lbs when towing
My SRW 3500 GMC has bags , I can run 5 psi-30 PSI empty all it does it raise the ride height of the rear. The ride empty doesn't get harsh . Over 30 It lifts the back up almost 4" and it just looks like a 19 year old kid owns the truck..... The raised ride height gives the shocks and springs a chance to absorb the bumps the roads in New England can dish out. Loaded I run 45 PSI and its about 3/4" higher then stock empty height. The aftermarket also has rubber and close cell foam helper . In the last 2~3 months Trailer life did a write up on the close cell units. About the same price as bags. Honestly Great shocks made a bigger difference then bags as long as your not bottoming out or so soft that it wallows. I still feel shocks on the trailer are a must , I cant see doing half the job so I am holding out for Morryde IS. I would say run it stock first for a 1/2 hour ride and form your own opinion. DRW trucks have more spring compacity then SRW trucks , you may be fine with out any changes.

I would suggest putting 1000 miles on the truck empty not pulling then change the motor oil , transfer case , and front and rear differential oils. The tcase and rear diff is the most important. I have found that swaping the fluids myself isn't that much money but is sure has a LOT of metal in the oil from break in. I swap the diff and t case fluids every 25,000 mile and never have thought it was a waste. the Automatic trans I swap fluids every 25K for the first time and every 50K after