Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

Hello!

We are Bill & Diane. 5 years full time in our 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus and since our traveling style has changed somewhat, we will be selling the motorhome and switching to a truck and 5er. Joined the group to research and get more info on Redwoods since it is one of 4 brands we are considering. Thanks for having us!

Bill
Wkelly5688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #2

Hello!

Good luck in your search! You will find complaints and satisfied customers on here, but most of all plenty of knowledge. Feel free to ask questions and I guarantee there is someone for every question and answer.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

Thanks! I have followed the Tiffin forum for several years and it still amazes me the knowledge people in that group have. I’m sure these folks are the same.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the Redwood forum. Let us know what you are looking for. There a lot of knowledgeable folks here to answer your questions.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:13 AM   #5

Welcome, hopefully you cam get the questions answered here to make the right decisions on your next RV
Old 08-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #6

Hello Bill / Dianne....There is not many topics here about RW's that someone has not got a good answer for....As one said....Its not all roses....but generally RW owners are satisfied....there is not one segment of the RV industry that does not have some issue....
A "close to home"....residential feel...is a very common answer many owners use to describe why they have a redwood..
I have an RV tech background so after working in the industry for many years I really had to mellow a little to buy an RV....but we are very happy with ours..
Are you thinking used or new ?....Also .....excuse me for asking ...What are the other three units you are considering ?...I promise this is not a Pre-bashing request....it just informs everyone whats your flavour.....Thanks for being part of the group...Lots of very informed / experienced RW owners here....Wes

2015 38RL / 2016 F-450
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkelly5688 View Post
We are Bill & Diane. 5 years full time in our 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus and since our traveling style has changed somewhat, we will be selling the motorhome and switching to a truck and 5er. Joined the group to research and get more info on Redwoods since it is one of 4 brands we are considering. Thanks for having us!

Bill
Did you happen to winter in Picacho Arizona last winter?
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Did you happen to winter in Picacho Arizona last winter?
We did! Will be in Benson at the SKP park this year! You?
Old 08-18-2019, 01:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
Hello Bill / Dianne....There is not many topics here about RW's that someone has not got a good answer for....As one said....Its not all roses....but generally RW owners are satisfied....there is not one segment of the RV industry that does not have some issue....
A "close to home"....residential feel...is a very common answer many owners use to describe why they have a redwood..
I have an RV tech background so after working in the industry for many years I really had to mellow a little to buy an RV....but we are very happy with ours..
Are you thinking used or new ?....Also .....excuse me for asking ...What are the other three units you are considering ?...I promise this is not a Pre-bashing request....it just informs everyone whats your flavour.....Thanks for being part of the group...Lots of very informed / experienced RW owners here....Wes

2015 38RL / 2016 F-450
Hi Wes. We are also looking at Keystone Alpine, Grand Design Solitude, and possibly DRV but those are a bit pricey. Will be buying something 2-4 years old. Same thing for a tow vehicle.

Bill
Old 08-18-2019, 02:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Hi Wes. We are also looking at Keystone Alpine, Grand Design Solitude, and possibly DRV but those are a bit pricey. Will be buying something 2-4 years old. Same thing for a tow vehicle.

Bill
Bill....going a few years old should get you a good buy on a unit...the Alpine and the Solitude have a good following but when we looked at them they didn't have that warm home like feeling we were looking for....many of the DRV's accomplish this.....but as you said at a price........even the new RW's have a more modern decor that felt a little cold to us....but everyone has their own tastes...many believe that the best RW's were 2013- early 2016(trouble free)....somewhere after that things changed hands....although heavier axles became standard....better suspension...and a few other important things were upgraded.
Full body paint is quite common on RW's and DRV's....an option I was thrilled with....as trying to keep a conventional exterior looking good is a chore....and depending where your plan to use it...decals don't last very long...
Another benefit of a unit with a little experience...is hopefully all the "wrinkles " have been ironed out...
If you plan to cover some miles with a 5ver....there are RW owners here that have a lot of experience with suspension up grades....Ours is parked most of the time and when we do move it....we don't go far....so we chose to leave the suspension factory....
Good luck on your search....see anything of interest....let the forum know and someone here will chime in with things to look for and to be aware of....Wes
2015 38RL / 2016 F-450
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:55 AM   #11

Quote:
We did! Will be in Benson at the SKP park this year! You?
Sent you a PM!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #12

Moving to a 5’er

Hello,
I have been thinking of the opposite, I have been looking at motor homes, want to trade? I currently have a 2013 36RL pulling it with a 2012 GMC DENALI dually. The coach has many upgrades & has pretty much been trouble free. The truck has also been trouble free & has 148k. Let me know... send me a PM.
Dave Smith
bdsnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Sent you a PM!
It's not sending for some reason.
We're at Picacho Peak RV Resort.
You had friends Jem/Eric & Don/Maria?
May have played poker on Thurs nights together?
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined