Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #1

Ready to deal. Help please!

We are getting ready to buy a Redwood 38GK. The MSRP is $121,972. This would be more except we plan to get a MorRyde suspension, pin box and H tires from Moreryde itself, so we are only getting the basic pin box and tires from Crossroads. I've read many times to 'do your research' on pricing. How does one do that? Is there a guide to consult? I've searched a bit online, but I'm finding that I have to give them our email for a representative to contact us to get exact pricing. I don't want to do that. What would be a good guide to help us determine pricing on the unit we want to buy?
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Why be hesitant about giving out an email address ?
if you are worried, build a temp hotmail acct and use it...

I would guess 30% off msrp
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #3

You can get close to dealer cost here. They do not have the 2016's yet.

Recreational Vehicles | See Dealer Cost

Rick
Old 01-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #4

Can't really talk price on the forum per prior agreements with Redwood - but the best way is to search internet prices across the country to see how they get discounted.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #5

I always go to rvtrader.com and put in the manufacturer and model I am looking for and then you can see what dealers are offering. It will show you quite a spread in prices for the similar units.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Site Team

As Brad said...we can't discuss price but it' safe to say......NEGOTIATE There's at least 30% to play with and I've seen more come off.

I've always said, I want the dealership to turn a profit BUT I don't want them sending their kids to college because of me.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #7

This is a great time of year to purchase, price wise. I purchased in January three years ago and got well over 30%off but it was an in stock unit. I will say though, that three years ago Redwood was a very young company and probably trying to get their units out there and the sales of RV's were just enough to keep some companies from folding. Sales have picked up drastically in the past 2 years so I'm not sure the spectacular deals are to be found, but hey, there are many dealers and every dealer has its bottom line. The worst they can say is no!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #8
Site Team

That's true Rick but I just got a little better than 30% off my coach last April.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #9
Site Team

There's high mark up on RVs because the dealerships are responsible for the purchase unlike car dealerships who have a "floor Plan". The dealer is on the hook until these RVs are sold. Sometimes you can get an even better deal by ordering a unit at a show. The dealerships get group buying discounts and they're willing to sell for less since the trailer won't be sitting on his lot tying up their cash flow.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #10

This may be out dated already - but gives you an idea of MSRP.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2016 Redwood MSRP (1).pdf (428.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf New 2016 Redwood changes (1).pdf (328.6 KB, 58 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:58 AM   #11

Johnboytoo......we just don't want to mess with anyone we wouldn't actually buy from. Some salesmen are pushy, and we don't want to be hounded. Simple as that. :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #12

GTXRAS.....this is a great site. Even tho' the 2016 prices will be more, it at least gives a good idea of the difference between MSRP and retail price. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:02 AM   #13

atom ant......didn't know that was a policy. Anyway, I wasn't asking for specific pricing......just wanted to know how to go about researching. I have looked online, but often times they don't go into detail about ALL of the features on the RV, and I've found it hard to compare apples to apples.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:10 AM   #14

Rick and Mindy.....I've heard of rvtrader. I'll check it out. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:12 AM   #15

Dave and Ginny.....we're thinking of offering 35% below, so perhaps we'll end around 30-32%. It's nice to know that our instincts about this are pretty close. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 AM   #16

atom ant.....this is exactly the invoice we have from Vinny, the Redwood rep at the factory. He worked it up with us when we visited the factory. So yes, it's current. Thanks for going to the trouble!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
Dave and Ginny.....we're thinking of offering 35% below, so perhaps we'll end around 30-32%. It's nice to know that our instincts about this are pretty close. Thanks!
Personally, I would start with 40% and go from there. I would also try to deal with more than one dealer, they're not al the same on pricing. This time of year dealers are trying to keep their employees on the clock so they need the sales.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #18

Rick and Mindy,We are dealing with two dealerships. The one dealership in our town has not been very responsive. We figure if they're not very responsive when they're trying to sell us an RV, we question whether they will be responsive when it comes to service issues. So we are thinking about using a dealer a couple of hours away. Also, they are wildly different in the prices they quoted us. We can try 40% and see what happens. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
Rick and Mindy,We are dealing with two dealerships. The one dealership in our town has not been very responsive. We figure if they're not very responsive when they're trying to sell us an RV, we question whether they will be responsive when it comes to service issues. So we are thinking about using a dealer a couple of hours away. Also, they are wildly different in the prices they quoted us. We can try 40% and see what happens. Thanks!
I really don't want to get into which dealers you are dealing with, I have not had great experiences with the Redwood/Crossroads Dealers that I have dealt with on warranty work. There are some good ones out there, I just don't have any around me. Be sure to check out the rvtrader.com website and input the model you are looking for. The last I checked there were around 149 Redwoods listed and the prices vary drastically. It will give you an idea of the spread that dealers have available in pricing. Good luck,don't settle for something you don't want. Some members have had great success in ordering exactly what they want at a great price,that may be an option for you.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:25 AM   #20

Fiddleddd. When we were looking for our GK we looked at a 2015 in Jonesboro Ga. dealer is Southern RV. That was in August and they still have it. I would have purchased it if they would have given me the price they are now advertising it for. Worth a look. Not sure where you are located. Feel free to PM me if you like.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote