Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #61

I did that next to my house back in the early years with a motorhome. Neighbor left his garden hose on overnight and sank my coach the day I was leaving for a 2 week vacation. Made a mess.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #62

GK / Denali Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
Bergeman.....glad to hear you like your GK. The only truck we've looked at so far was the Denali. LOVED it! It rode SO much better than the pick-up truck we have now....3/4 ton GMC heavy duty Sierra. And from what I hear they even drive better when the 5th wheel is hooked to them. Here's hoping. I used to feel like I was on an amusement park ride pulling our TT.
We also have a 2015 Denali and love it. We drove all 3 and in our opinion the Denali rides better, and quieter without a load. I pick up our GK the end of March, so cannot offer details about pulling the RW. We were initially looking at the Tan & Burgundy RW, and when we were looking at the GMC I wanted the Sonoma Red which would have matched up to the RW nicely. We ended up with a dark grey truck and the black & silver RW....also a nice match.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #63

Okay....an update. We bought the truck.....will be delivered tomorrow. We liked best the GMC. Although we loved the Denali, we didn't want the console to go all the way under the dashboard. We wanted the middle seat option. So we went with the SLT, the version just below the Denali. Still, very rich looking. We didn't look at Dodge, but we did look at and drive the Fords. They had some really nice features, but in the end the smoother ride of the GMC won us over. So now we need to decide on financing. We're paying cash for the RV, so we need to finance the truck. Thanks for all your help! So glad to have finally made a decision.
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #64

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
ford truck guy......We'll get delivery probably the end of March. I'm an avid photographer so you can bet I'll take pictures. Now we have to decide what color truck to get. We're getting the RW with the tan and burgundy exterior color. What color truck looks good with that? We'll have to do some looking.
Black
Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #65

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
The paint on my 2012 Redwood were Chrysler colors. So if you want to match the colors exactly look at the Ram trucks.

My Entegra has GM paint colors on it.
Goes great with that Black Chevy behind it
Old 01-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #66

Congratulations!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #67

Forgot to say that we bought a white truck.....we prefer lighter colors and don't like dark interiors. It's mostly me because I feel all closed in with dark interiors. But my husband also prefers lighter colors. So we got the cocoa dune interior, which is tan and chocolate brown. We love it!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:48 PM   #68

Pretty certain you won't regret your choice!! The Duramax/Allison is hard to beat, had one since '05, & that's my story & sticking to it..
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:08 AM   #69

I'm glad we all love our trucks...makes for some lively and entertaining forum conversations! Lol
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:40 AM   #70

I'm in the process of doing the same and I was amazed on the amount of discount one can get by shopping around. My question is why are you getting standard tires and hitch only to change them out after. Would it not be better just to order with what you want. Or are you getting one off the lot. We are ordering ours and have been told the deliver should be no more than 12 weeks. That way we are getting it the exact way we want. This baby will be better equipped than home. hey good luck and have fun. if you don't like sending out your email create a new one from hot mail / gmail and once you finish your buying just remove it.
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:44 AM   #71

ted_95 Actually, we can't order the upgrades we want from Redwood. They have an upgraded Trail-Air pin box and 8000 lb axles, but we wanted Mor-Ryde. I wish they would offer Mor-Ryde as an option, but they don't. After extensive research we decided we really wanted the Mor-Ryde, so we have to do it this way. We also ordered, and ours will be delivered mid-March.