Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Main slideout floor replacment

My 2012 36FB's curb side slide floor is wet and started to degrade.
Searched the RW forums and can't find instructions on how to change the wood.

Any help will be appreciated.

Full timer.
dabruzr9527@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabruzr9527@yahoo.com View Post
My 2012 36FB's curb side slide floor is wet and started to degrade.
Searched the RW forums and can't find instructions on how to change the wood.

Any help will be appreciated.

Full timer.
As a fellow owner of a 36FB Redwood, I;m assuming you"re speaking of the door-side slide out where the dinette and recliners for the living room go. Based upon the fact that this slide doesn't have any lower cabinetry to remove, this would seem like a fairly simple job. NOT! At least not in my opinion, and based on what I've seen and experienced. I attempted to do a slide floor replacement in the Landmark Mount Rushmore we owned before trading it on on our current Redwood. And it was just the bedroom slide out that had maybe 7' total of floor. What a nightmare of a project that turned into, one best left to the professionals to do!

The proper and safe way to replace your floor is going to be pulling the slide completely out of the RV and laying it flat on it's back on a slide out stand where it will be properly supported during the repair. A qualified RV service center will have all the tools and materials they need and charge about $3000-4500 repair for you, based upon what friends of ours have recently paid to have their slide floors replaced in their Mobile Suites, but they were in and out of the shops in 2-2.5 days ready to roll!

Make sure to find and fix the leak that caused the damage first, or all of your work and money will be wasted. The leak can be from more than a half a dozen of sources, and sometimes hard to pinpoint, but often turns aout to be something as simple as the trim molding leaking just above the floor-line.
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote