Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2018, 04:45 AM   #1

Installing spice rack into Corian?

I badly want my most used spices in a small spice rack next to the cooktop. Or behind it above the ledge in the Corian because we only use the ledge for small things.....timer, pill box, matches, etc. My husband started drilling into the Corian and it chipped. I'd actually rather have it installed on the wooden cabinet next to the refrigerator, but my husband doesn't think it's strong enough to hold it as we bounce down the road. Any suggestions about the best way to install a 2 tier small spice rack?
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
I badly want my most used spices in a small spice rack next to the cooktop. Or behind it above the ledge in the Corian because we only use the ledge for small things.....timer, pill box, matches, etc. My husband started drilling into the Corian and it chipped. I'd actually rather have it installed on the wooden cabinet next to the refrigerator, but my husband doesn't think it's strong enough to hold it as we bounce down the road. Any suggestions about the best way to install a 2 tier small spice rack?
I drilled mi backing an used a cobalt bit and went slow using a spray bottle with water to cool the bit. I drilled very slow. To determine the size of bit I used a dial indicator to determine the screw diameter at its widest point and drilled the hole 1mm smaller covered the screw with silicone and hand screwed the screw into the hole.

This is the final product
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8BCCBA79-BC09-45DE-9C51-BD5AD6CD4044.jpg (257.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #3

Tomkidder.....my husband says thank you! He'll try again. BTW, your knife rack looks great. After he puts up my spice rack, I may ask him to put up a knife rack as well. ;-)
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

Spice rack

I had my husband put a metal sheet in the cupboard and purchased spice jars that were magnetic from World Market. They are nice as they hold a whole can or jar of spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
Mountainquilter is offline   Reply With Quote