Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #1

Floor Scuff

Purchased a Redwood 3401RL 5th Wheel new
We have run the "dining, theater chairs" slide out and in twice and have a deep scuff in front of the couch. The slide digs into the floor when it goes over center when you pull in the slide. Is there any adjustment that would prevent this??
Any suggestions would be helpful
Borkfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:08 AM   #2

Go to the Lippert website (LCi) and look up the hydraulic slide adjustments. They can be adjusted but only adjust in small increments and remember that any adjustment you make for the inside will also affect the outside.. You could also go to a local RV dealer and a tech that knows what he is doing could make the adjustment for you. If he knows what he is doing I wouldn't think it would cost very much.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #3

It was $800 to adjust our same slide. But still scratches floor. Arg!
Trailer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:01 PM   #4

$800!!!!!!!! Wow! My son and I adjusted my kitchen slide. It took us a couple of hours and it took two of us because of the weight but we managed to get it as good as it can get. I would be been willing to spend several days on it to save $800!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #5

What did you adjust??
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkfarm View Post
What did you adjust??
We adjusted it horizontally and vertically. It was not sitting in the opening equally on each side. We had to jack it up some to take the weight off of the slide out arms the loosen the bolts so we could push it a little at a time til we got it as equal as we could. After every adjustment the bolts had to be tightened and the the room exercised in and out several times to see how it worked. We also loosened the brackets at the end of the hydraulic arms to adjust up and down, small increments at a time. While we were under there we noticed that those brackets only had 1 bolt going through the rams and they were bent from all that weight. I found out by calling Lci that there was a heavier bracket now available that allowed 2 bolts so I ordered and replaced those. Real tricky but we got her done.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

Don't know if this will help anyone but several years back I discussed my findings and slide adjustments. Under "Redwood care and feeding" go to page 16 and look at thread "Synchronizing kitchen slide" and also go to page 14 and look at thread "Slide out problems"
Old 08-31-2019, 08:27 PM   #8

we had the same problem and found that even after adjusting slides still damaged the floor. First, the floor repair was done under warranty. Another thing that happens is that the slide floor will bounce while traveling causing damage. After you open your slides inspect not only your floor but the underside of the slide for wear and tear on the protective material. When we returned the unit for warranty I pointed this out and the dealer put plastic covers on the outsides of the slides . This cover wrapped around the side of the slide about 1 inch and across the bottom about 3 inches for the full length of the slides.

TO prevent further damage I bought nylon wear plates that we put on the floor on the outside of the slides before pulling them in. The plates are 1/8 inch thick by 4inches and the length of the slide. Now the slides pull in and rub on this slick surface instead of the floor. Check Mcmaster.com for the nylon plates.

Hope this helps
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:36 AM   #9

Slide problems

The cheapest solution is Lippert sells white plastic skid / slides. They are about 6" wide and 36" long. When you are about to put in the slide you place them under the rollers on the floor. Just a suggestion for those who can't get them adjusted properly.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:20 AM   #10

Slide Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkfarm View Post
Purchased a Redwood 3401RL 5th Wheel new
We have run the "dining, theater chairs" slide out and in twice and have a deep scuff in front of the couch. The slide digs into the floor when it goes over center when you pull in the slide. Is there any adjustment that would prevent this??
Any suggestions would be helpful
Before we arrived at the Redwood Rally this year we notice the carpet had grooves from the dining room slide on both ends, a 6” piece of plastic runner under the slide broke off, a few days later the second runner broke as well. At the Rally Redwood Techs. replaced both runners on the outside and adjusted the pop, they still recommended we use the runners under the slide and provided 2 of them for laminate floor. We already had 2 plastic ones for the kitchen which are different than the ones they provided for the laminate floor. Carpet slides have sharp barbs to catch on carpet to keep from sliding when bringing in the slide, these will scratch the laminate floor, make sure you get the propers ones for type of floor it is going to be used on.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:05 AM   #11

They're called "Slide Slickers" used them from day one ours.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #12
TNT

Floor Scuff

I have the same model and with the same issue. My dealer found a hump in the floor of the coach. They had to cut the flooring at the scuff and drill down into the frame cross member to pull the floor down flat with a bolt. They did this free of charge on warranty. They also had a flooring company come in to patch the vinyl flooring. It works great mow.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #13

Thanks for the replys and suggestions! The unit is under warranty so when I return it for work I will have some good knowledge as to what they should be doing! Thanks again
Neal
Old 09-30-2019, 02:58 AM   #14

I had the same problem with the slides. I bought nylon plates from McMaster Carr at Mcmaster.com/ They are 4 inches wide by 36 Inches long. I place two under each slide out. I also place two under the bed rollers to keep the from rolling up the linoleuam

We have a 3941 FL
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote