Old 11-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #11

I am puzzled about the heating issues. Our 2013 36RL has been in 10 degrees F for several days, and up to a week at times while we spot eagles at a remote state park. Fresh water is off so we fill our tank prior to arriving.

Our ice maker works without issues and never had a line freeze. The furnace T'stat, located at the stairs, is set for 65 F at bedtime and 68 F in the day time. We close the bedroom and hinged bathroom doors and heat the bedroom with a 1,000 watt ceramic heater which keeps the bedroom and bathroom at a comfortable 68 F. Those areas are also receiving heat when the furnace operates. It becomes slightly too hot in the bedroom at times. The furnace really puts out. Without the space heater the bedroom temperature would be a chilly 65F or essentially at what the T'stat is set at.

During a bitter cold week we will burn about 40# of propane. As that state park will at times lose power during a blizzard we start the week with both 40#'s full in case the gen is required.

I have a wireless temperature sensor in the basement area nearly resting on top of the fresh water tank. The temperature is usually around 55F in that area when outside temps are about 10F.

The ice maker water solenoid valve, located at the rear of the fridge and close to the exterior lower and removable vent cover does have freeze protection via the heater wires that Redwood installed. I test that heater each season and assure it is wrapped around the water fittings as delivered.

As it is a RV, we pack fur lined house slippers and flannel lined shirts and jeans. The floors and walls are chilly and we expected that for near zero weather conditions. Our Redwood is everything we wanted in our fourth and hopefully last RV.

When winterizing, after a week or so of eagle spotting the fresh water tank drain tube requires defrosting as it does freeze preventing water from draining. I use a hair dryer to melt the ice. The low water drains also freeze and require the help of the hair dryer. It is a memorable moment to rewinterize our Redwood in a blizzard and near zero degrees F. We winterize/rewinterize 3-4 times yearly however not always in snow storms or blizzards.

It is all worth it when a large eagle lands on a nearby tree while we observe from the large open viewing the RL rear windows provide us.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:18 AM   #12

The only thing I can add as personally experienced is that on our 38GK with the residential fridge....
the ice maker line running from the island sink under the 5'er to the fridge in the slide froze in the hidden place behind the drawers to the left of the fridge and ran long enough to almost fill up one of the drawers before we found it and shut off the water to the icemaker....

Well and the shower controls froze too....
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #13

Why no Hot water at Facets w/bypass

Hello trying to winterize our 2013 redwood 36rl and I have blown out the lines. Trying to pump the antifreeze with bypass on and I have antifreeze coming to facets to the cold side but none to the hope side. Please help.
PawnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote