Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #1

burnt to the ground

On Tuesday of this week , I was making my return trip to PA from VA up 95.. I got into DE and traffic going south was very light...??? a mile or 2 up the road I saw probably 4-5 fire trucks/police/ambulances....

All the traffic was being forced onto the grass medium to get around... There was a class C , perhaps 25' or so on the shoulder, burnt to the ground...

The only thing you could see was the skeleton of the aluminum framing for the body..

I pray the folks were able to get out safe...... Then I starts playing arm chair quarter back and trying to figure out the culprit... They may never know for sure..

I posted this because of the possibility of the dreaded Norcold fridge issue... This topic is addressed on another thread.. debating between residential or RV fridges . .

The traffic going south was backed up almost 10 miles...

Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #2

It is hard to speculate as to the actual problem but, it goes to show that appliance maintenance is a very important part of RVing. A spider web (they love propane) in a water heater jet, the same thing in a furnace, fridge, stove anywhere there is propane, the systems must be checked regularly. Most RV'ers already know but there a few out there that just run um till they drop....
Old 06-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
Site Team

I love my motor home but they seem to be more likely to burn up than the trailers. They carry a lot of fuel, and most have 2 engines running all the time. This is constantly on my mind while I drive.