Old 04-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #11

I did not find a larger breaker than the 50 amp at the auto store. I also noted that the breaker running directly from the battery is a 15 amp curious although there are different wires leaving from this breaker. I guess since I now know how to fix this, the breakers are easy to change. You guys have been so helpful with the problem resolution.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
RJ, be advised that your problem may come back because a 50 amp self resetting breaker is too small. The hydraulic pump under a heavy load can draw upwards of 80 amps.
I had the same problem with my 2012 RL and once I installed the larger breaker no problems.
MHS...where did you source the 80A breaker?

Thanks!
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
MHS...where did you source the 80A breaker?

Thanks!
Actually I didn't, I used two 40 amp breakers in parallel, but there are 80s out there.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
RJ, be advised that your problem may come back because a 50 amp self resetting breaker is too small. The hydraulic pump under a heavy load can draw upwards of 80 amps.
I had the same problem with my 2012 RL and once I installed the larger breaker no problems.
After having similar hydraulic related slide and leveling problems I found a defective connection at the pump motor. The left side power cable mounting stud, within the motor housing was loose burning the connector and damaging the brush holder, power cable and motor commutator . Working with Lippert, the entire pump assembly, directional valves and directional power solenoid were replaced with a newly designed and more robust hydraulic system. After replacing the system I went through all power and control connections finding many loose connections. I rerouted, bundled, tie wrapped and secured all cables, control wiring and hydraulic lines and replaced all of the thermal breakers with Bussmann brand breakers. The slides and leveling work very smoothly with no hesitation. So far-so good. I have the removed assembly in my garage and added to my task list to replace the motor. The pump, valves, manifold, reversing solenoid ( which is new) and hydraulic oil tank are in excellent condition. Could be a great spare as it is a drop-in replacement for the original unit. The 3'X2'X2' crate is too large to carry around so it will take up space at home.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:40 AM   #15

I am having the same issue on my 2013 36FL. Thanks for all the helpful information!
Twolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:20 AM   #16

Problem with my Lippert 6 point hydraulic system

My front jack will go down but once they contact the ground the Leveling jacks start to extent and the front stops going up. This all happened while pushing the Front jack button on the pad.
If I hit auto level, the front will not raise and but all 6 jacks make contact with the ground and then the hydraulic slide start coming out but the front never raises.
Any ideas as to why all the valves seem to open but the front?

All Jacks and slides do retract just fine.

Recently - I replaced the 50 Amp breaker and the Trombetta solenoid. All worked great until the end of this weekend camping trip.
Twolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #17

Sounds like a valve is open. I left a valve open and the front would come down and when it made contact, the slide came out.